Thanks For The Help To Understand Things

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
hi guys i joined last week after being diagnosed with type 2 didnt really think about it at the time but now after
joining this site i can see that it can if you let it change your life for better or worse, better if you pay attension to things
that you should have done but didnt in the past but its not to late to fix it .

I joined because i was short of information on what diabetes really was yes we have a heard about it but nobody
really thinks they have it till one day well you know the rest but we need more information at the time we are told the
doctors are on a tight schedule and no time to explain in detail so we have to make appointment after appointment and still
only get snippets of information (not knocking the nhs ) this site gives it all i'm glad i found it it has helped me understand on how to beat it or at least control things better such as diet and exersise so guys a big THANK YOU from me for adding your experiences and thoughts and helping me understand and keep it going please

Reactions: 7 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have been type 2 for 2 years now and joined here as soon as I was diagnosed. For me, by asking lots of questions and reading others postings, I have learnt alot. I admit that I have had a few relapses but by being here, I soon got back on track. So good in fact that if my nest blood test in december/January, there's talk of me stopping the victoza, or at least halving the amount of victoza

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@bigjim19 - Hi. I joined the Forum 2 years ago and at that time I had had Diabetes for 14 years. In 2 years I have learnt a vast amount of information - and still learning new stuff each day.

Reactions: 4 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just been told I am well controlled and in remission and no longer need medication . I have learnt so much from the forum and all the knowledgable members that I could not have got to this stage without them

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@connie104 - Hello. That is fantastic news - but at the end of the day it is all down to your own hard work. = Well Done.

Reactions: 2 people