Thanks to Ewelina

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to record that, with the help of @ewelina 's recipe for Cheesy Biscuits, to be found on her blog Diabetic Good Baking, my blood sugars have stabilised beautifully over the last few weeks! I've baked a batch every few days for few weeks now and they are fantastic when I need to eat at odd times, but don't want to affect my levels. My morning levels are finally beginning to be at better levels than they have been in the last 18 months.

My Hba1c test is due just before Christmas and I am hopeful that this one may well be lower than the last.

So, thank you!!

Reactions: KezG and AndBreathe

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I want to record that, with the help of @ewelina 's recipe for Cheesy Biscuits, to be found on her blog Diabetic Good Baking, my blood sugars have stabilised beautifully over the last few weeks! I've baked a batch every few days for few weeks now and they are fantastic when I need to eat at odd times, but don't want to affect my levels. My morning levels are finally beginning to be at better levels than they have been in the last 18 months.

My Hba1c test is due just before Christmas and I am hopeful that this one may well be lower than the last.

So, thank you!!
Thank you Japes :) Its so nice to hear that people find my recipes useful and it contributes to better control. Ive just done some baking over the weekend and will post few xmas ideas in the next few days. Hope you will like the recipes :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheesy bicuits? Sounds like my idea of snack heaven. (Especially with butter and assorted cheese). Will seek this recipe out and have a batch ready for my annual Christmas only treat.

Reactions: mo53 and ewelina

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheesy bicuits? Sounds like my idea of snack heaven. (Especially with butter and assorted cheese). Will seek this recipe out and have a batch ready for my annual Christmas only treat.

They're called Cheesy Biscuits on the blog, but they do have more of a cake like texture. Which also means I have them when all around me are eating cake, and it looks as if I'm joining in with the cake eating. That's what I, and my Type 1 students call a definite win!

Mind you, I did have butter with a couple before hurtling back to church to play for the last service of the day, and was 6.2 just before I had them, and 6.2 again just before I had the next bout of food three hours later. (Sunday is a several small meals day! There is no really good time to have a main meal, and eating small meals at 12.30, 4.30, and 7.30 ish seems to work best. Especially if I want a walk as well.)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Japes :) Its so nice to hear that people find my recipes useful and it contributes to better control. Ive just done some baking over the weekend and will post few xmas ideas in the next few days. Hope you will like the recipes :)

I'm looking forwards to them! And to trying out more of the other older recipes when I've got a bit more time for baking over the holidays as well as when I have guests to feed.

Reactions: ewelina

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG - I just made a batch of these and ate three whilst they were still warm :)

Cheese_Scones.jpg

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anybody got a link to these (or which bit of the blog is the recipe in)? I can't seem to find them on diabeticgoodbaking and it looks really yummy! :hungry:
Thanks

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anybody got a link to these (or which bit of the blog is the recipe in)? I can't seem to find them on diabeticgoodbaking and it looks really yummy! :hungry:
Thanks

http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2016/01/cheese-biscuits.html

Now I've got it again I need to print out for my recipe folder! I'm old-fashioned, really, and prefer a hard copy. I do use the internet a lot for finding recipes, but it's not good for my poor, already mis-used laptop to be used whilst I'm cooking.. (Though, I'm probably single-handedly boosting @ewelina 's blog stats at the moment!)