Thanks to my Blucon Nightrider

jonesmia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m usning Blucon for past many years and bought the new version of Blucon which activates the libre pro sensor and libre sensor 1. The activation process is very easy the most important thing is that I’m also able to extend the life of my sensor beyond 14 days. My current is on 18th Day and is running perfectly okay. Thanks Ambrosia for introducing the updated Blucon and make it more user friendly for us.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m usning Blucon for past many years and bought the new version of Blucon which activates the libre pro sensor and libre sensor 1. The activation process is very easy the most important thing is that I’m also able to extend the life of my sensor beyond 14 days. My current is on 18th Day and is running perfectly okay. Thanks Ambrosia for introducing the updated Blucon and make it more user friendly for us.

Hi,

What app are you using with the Blucon bridge to extend the life of your sensor?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
On the flip side… I had blucon and it’s the worst thing I ever bought

Frequent disconnects.. munches batteries like crazy. And really poor software

It was so bad I put it in a draw and forgot about it

I then ordered the upgraded version… after 3 weeks of ordering still heard nothing no shipping emails or anything…. So I chased them by email and online chat to be told ‘shipped last week’

Three days later get a shipping email and a ups mail saying will be collected from sender soon…. So they will blatantly lie to you to get rid of you

On the other hand I have both bubble and MiaoMiao.. and both work well

jonesmia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m confused. In your other thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/continous-glucose-monitors-cgm.181581/#post-2398098 you ask about getting a cgm for the first time. You ask about the blue on and here you say you’ve been using it for years. Also if you are prediabetic how come you’ve been using a cgm for years?

I have rece

Well for last 1 year I have been declared as a type 2 diabetic by my doc. Also I wanted to know which CGM device is being popularly used now days and their features.

edited by mod, just to edit the quote code. No text has been edited

Last edited by a moderator:

jonesmia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I then ordered the upgraded version… after 3 weeks of ordering still heard nothing no shipping emails or anything…. So I chased them by email and online chat to be told ‘shipped last week’

Three days later get a shipping email and a ups mail saying will be collected from sender soon…. So they will blatantly lie to you to get rid of you

well i am not facing anythng like this frequent disconnects or battery munching ever since i have updated my app. so far its wrking fine

jonesmia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well for me it works well as I have been recently adviced oral medicines earlier i was asked to control through diet exercise, but my sugars are still out of range advised. I have lost weight but still my doctor says it will be better if I start taking one pill looking at my family history. So monitoring part this blucon really is helpful. I have never faced any problems their chat system is good

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Well for me it works well as I have been recently adviced oral medicines earlier i was asked to control through diet exercise, but my sugars are still out of range advised. I have lost weight but still my doctor says it will be better if I start taking one pill looking at my family history. So monitoring part this blucon really is helpful. I have never faced any problems their chat system is good

Ok that’s good then.. maybe they have improved the quality since V1.. still not sure I’d trust them again though

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
do you work for the company who does the monitoring app?