The Boxing Match

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Largs when I was young, fond memories of no sand, loads of jellyfish and near hypothermia in the freezing water in the summer. Preferred Ayr.
Fair point if or when we have a wee cold spell. What about Saltcoats for sand, Electric Brae for the mysterious trip or even Prestwick where Elvis dropped in.
Where I come from, we just look across the river Clyde and you can see the wonderful Dumbarton Rock ( put there to protect @eddie1968 from the Scottish weather ):)

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Yes the castle is lovely, one of my fav places steeped in history and chose it as my avatar. You must be oor the watter as they say here. Hope this rain stops, got soaked last night.

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the castle is lovely, one of my fav places steeped in history and chose it as my avatar. You must be oor the watter as they say here. Hope this rain stops, got soaked last night.
I have had great times in your area the gateway to heaven. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes its nice with Loch Lomond on the back yard and Glasgow nearby. I live in a wee quiet village between them and have the best of both worlds.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
In the 1970's we often went back to Scotland for holidays and visiting relatives. Loved going over from Largs to Rothesay ( cant remember whether it was by boat or ferry) ? on the Isle of Bute, my friend was with us and her grandparents lived there. Remember Lena Zavaroni, the child star with the incredible voice. she came from Rothesay, lots of Ice cream places, but I did enjoy Rothesay and I would love to go back and take my teenager, with other places of interest to visit too. I agree about Ayr, its lovely, we visited Rabbie Burns cottage and we went to Ayr races, too very exciting time for a teenager and boys calling me and my sister, English lassies :wideyed: o_O

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes its nice with Loch Lomond on the back yard and Glasgow nearby. I live in a wee quiet village between them and have the best of both worlds.

I'm envious, it's making me a little homesick :( such wonderful carefree and happy memories for me.:angelic:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fair point if or when we have a wee cold spell. What about Saltcoats for sand, Electric Brae for the mysterious trip or even Prestwick where Elvis dropped in.
Where I come from, we just look across the river Clyde and you can see the wonderful Dumbarton Rock ( put there to protect @eddie1968 from the Scottish weather ):)
Didn't know it was The King's birthday today....shame his only footsteps in the UK were at Prestwick Airport. My mum loved him and the old crooners like Al Martino etc.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't know it was The King's birthday today....shame his only footsteps in the UK were at Prestwick Airport. My mum loved him and the old crooners like Al Martino etc.
Now there's a coincidence. download.jpg

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So spooky (X-Files Theme in background)...wooooo

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Very deep at the North of Loch Lomond 600-800 ft.
There is a submerged village under it..

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
If wanted to be hard on Russell Brand, you would put him in a ring with nobody.
Sorry but I can't stand Russell Brand......Got an opinion on everything and everyone....He's suppose to be a 'comedian'?...Nah...Too angry!:mad:

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Talk about derailing the thread............... ( not that I mind) :p loved the content :)

RRB

Reactions: 5 people