Now that is an ear worm I can live with. :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. Now I can never buy broccoli again without having to think of this horrific song.
And they already look funny at me in the supermarket because it's impossible for me to pass the leek, the tomatoes or the cauliflower without bursting out in an idiotic song about that particular vegetable. (and in the case of the leek, the song that wants out isn't even about leek, very complicated but it makes sense in my head.) And then there is the turnip, chicory, salsify (which one luckily only encounters around christmas) and leek combined in one song, always threatening to come out, and I only know the chorus :( ("knolraap en lof, schorseneren en prei")
It's a good thing I don't have children, I would have embarrassed them to utter despair by now, and that's only when shopping...

edit: I've just listened to it and small wonder I only know the chorus. It's one of the most bizarre songs I've ever heard!
The video is obviously of a much later date than the song, but pretty accurate in depicting the images in the song :p

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How about the Ballad of Lidl and Aldi?

Love it!
We have the same song, except they don't come to their senses in the end. You obviously won't understand it, but I only understand about half because it's in Gronings dialect. Doesn't matter really, it's just a list of everything you can buy at Lidl.("want het is, bie de Lidl, nait djoer, bie de Lidl" "because it is, at Lidl, very cheap, at Lidl")
Again with pictures of everything we can't understand :)

I'd love to see more silly food songs. I just found out I'm really into silly food songs :)

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Thanks. Now I can never buy broccoli again without having to think of this horrific song.
And they already look funny at me in the supermarket because it's impossible for me to pass the leek, the tomatoes or the cauliflower without bursting out in an idiotic song about that particular vegetable. (and in the case of the leek, the song that wants out isn't even about leek, very complicated but it makes sense in my head.) And then there is the turnip, chicory, salsify (which one luckily only encounters around christmas) and leek combined in one song, always threatening to come out, and I only know the chorus :( ("knolraap en lof, schorseneren en prei")
It's a good thing I don't have children, I would have embarrassed them to utter despair by now, and that's only when shopping...

edit: I've just listened to it and small wonder I only know the chorus. It's one of the most bizarre songs I've ever heard!
The video is obviously of a much later date than the song, but pretty accurate in depicting the images in the song :p
Maybe we should compose raps for all of these?! OMGgggggg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love it!
We have the same song, except they don't come to their senses in the end. You obviously won't understand it, but I only understand about half because it's in Gronings dialect. Doesn't matter really, it's just a list of everything you can buy at Lidl.("want het is, bie de Lidl, nait djoer, bie de Lidl" "because it is, at Lidl, very cheap, at Lidl")
Again with pictures of everything we can't understand :)

I'd love to see more silly food songs. I just found out I'm really into silly food songs :)

And I know so many ....

except that now, of course, I can't think of a single one.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Cider is made from apples, apples are a food. Enough reason to post my favourite diabetes song again without going too far off topic, I think...

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Remember the 'One Pound Fish' guy? Wonder how he's getting on.