The cure for type 2?

tangram

I have just read the post from 2008 about the cure for type 2 by taking Linseed oil, fish oil, and hemp oil. Has anyone on here tried it and did it work? I have just about got to grips with my new diet and now Im more confused than ever wondering if this actually works...Help

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Snake oil is meant to be helpful too! :shh:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
[mod edit] don't get me started again!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I think what everyone is saying is that the person who claimed to be able to cure diabetes was debunked as a charlatan and bounder of the highest order, read the last few pages of the thread and you will see what I mean.

Over the 3 years I have been a member here there have been numerous threads about wonder cures, the latest being the Newcastle experiment but the best bar non was the man who suggested we drank a teaspoon full of industrial bleach every day :lol: :lol:

As of this moment in time there is no cure for diabetes although eating a sensible diet can help to reverse the symptoms in T2 diabetics and can also help stabilise bg control in T1's but it is not a cure, sorry.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Patch said:
Hydrogen peroxide is good stuff!
Interesting stuff, loads of references on various sites about Hydrogen Peroxide and diabetes but they never say where the source of the statement about it being a good thing comes from. Any idea as it would be an interesting read.

I must say drinking Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket fuel is a novel idea for a cure :D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You might be interested in this MMS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mineral_Supplement, terrible stuff but a lot of people have been taken in.
The instigator is a Jim Humble who now calls himself a Bishop and conducts his business as a Church (its a legal gambit to try to escape punitive action in the US). He's got an 'interesting' website.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Thats the one phoenix
headbang.gif

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Patch said:
Sid said:
Don't scoff so quickly, Sid. Hydrogen peroxide is good stuff!

Oddly enough it was a commercial product used for removing/bleaching tea and coffee stains and water marks in natural fibres/fabrics that led to my lung disease, the product would bleach skin white just as peroxide does so I assume it had a similar chemical make up, it was the lung disease which led to my taking prednisolone for 3 years which in turn led to my diabetes, so forgive me if I decline the offer of trying a peroxide cure :crazy: