The demise of Enos and the failures of Andrews!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
borofergie said:
Boe Jloggs said:
warning- washing soda is normally an irritant--

You don't say...

Just pop some industrial bleach in there and youve got yourself a cure for diabetes and indigestion :lol:

That was a joke - dont try it...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be ok for constipation too :mrgreen:
CAROL

Chasmondo

Like many people here, I am on several types of medication, of which all have a stated side effect of potential stomach upsets. It's not a major issue at all, and to bring things quickly back to normal, a quick glass of sparkling Enos sorts me out. I use it maybe 2/3 times a week, and also find it a very refreshing drink in its own right.

However, it use to be sold in 218g jars - GlaxoSmithKline have now discontinued the jars and now in the UK have decided that it will only sell it in sachet form.

My main objection to this is price! A 218g jar use to cost £3.99, 50g (10 x 5g) of sachets cost £2.25

The maths are that per gram this is nearly 150% more expensive!! Commonly known as a 'rip off'.

I've considered, after a lifetime of use, to defect to Andrews, but the taste is vile :) , and for some reason it is loaded with sucrose, not a great addition to a diabetic diet.

Does anyone else regret GlaxoSmithKlein's decision, or am I on a very lonely soap box :(

Eno-Fruit-Salt-Large_S.jpg
I went to Boots recently and innocently asked for a bottle of Enos. I was greeted with blank stares by the 14 year old shop assistants dressed in crisp white coats, mascerading as professionals, who after conferring, boldly stated they had no idea what I was alluding to. I made my excuses and left hurriedly. Finally, I bought some from Amazon, in its familiar blue and white bottle. The price seemed vaguely inflated but what price a nights sleep? It works for me, with its uncomplicated formula, as it has for many, over decades. Old, pricey stock? Maybe but who cares? I don't.

Reactions: AloeSvea