The flat belly diet for diabeties

Karen81285

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found a book on amazon, The flat belly diet for diabeties. I wanted to buy this as i need to loose weight, especially around my belly. I previewed some pages from the book online and it only mentions type 2 diabeties. I find this is the case with most diet books aimed at people with Diabeties. Does anyone know of any diet books aimed at type 1 diabeties?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cut the carbs will do it, have you read about lchf here
Belly fat is the last to go, so hang in there and follow the t2 mob what works for them will work for you

Karen81285

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I havn't read about lchf, I don't know what it is or t2 mob? I can't cut out too many carbs or I will have constant hypos.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cut the carbs will do it, have you read about lchf here
Belly fat is the last to go, so hang in there and follow the t2 mob what works for them will work for you
So glad I read this because, whilst I've lost a lot of weight, my waistline is big compared to other measurements. In my younger days I was pear shaped, now I seem to be the apple shape. It's good to know that the tummy will go eventually. Thanks.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a book...a week by week book. if you pm your address I will send it to you. I got the flat belly diet for diabetics. agree with you completely

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks, I havn't read about lchf, I don't know what it is or t2 mob? I can't cut out too many carbs or I will have constant hypos.
Have a read of www.dietdoctor.com
If you like the sound of it, consult your doc and alter your meds.

mob mɒb/noun
  1. 1.
    a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.
    "a mob of protesters"
    synonyms:crowd, horde, multitude, rabble, mass, body, throng
    Basically the members of this forum - lol!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you tell us your age height weight and what drugs, insulin and doses
There are some clever people here who can help you work it all out, here and with your nurse

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
You can cut carbs but you just need to adjust insulin to suit. As for targeting belly fat, you can't unfortunately. Once you start to lose weight, you can do this in conjunction with abdominal crunches or similar which will tone abdominal area.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ab crunches do build the old tummy muscles, but, have to loose the belly fat to see them through fat burning anaerobic excercise and a healthy diet.

Type 1, pumping nova rapid

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Save your money on buying the book, cut back on your calorie intake and do some stomach muscle exercises as Brett describes and you'll get the same result without losing the £'s.

Kelsie

As odd as this may sound but doing whole body weight exercises such as squats and deadlifts are excellent for targeting belly fat as you are engaging your core throughout the movement. Circuit training incorporating core exercises and then whole body exercises is a great way for toning up :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As odd as this may sound but doing whole body weight exercises such as squats and deadlifts are excellent for targeting belly fat as you are engaging your core throughout the movement. Circuit training incorporating core exercises and then whole body exercises is a great way for toning up :)

My problem is that I really don't really enjoy exercise! :( I wish I did! I love walking and can walk for miles but that's really it. I don't mind cycling once I get going. Used to ride all the time as a teenager and ski a couple of times a year and swim but don't have the funds to do those things or a horse! I would love to be into running but just don't get anything from it.

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
My problem is that I really don't really enjoy exercise! :( I wish I did! I love walking and can walk for miles but that's really it. I don't mind cycling once I get going. Used to ride all the time as a teenager and ski a couple of times a year and swim but don't have the funds to do those things or a horse! I would love to be into running but just don't get anything from it.
Apart from black eyes as your chest rises up to hit you in the face!!!! LOL. No Scandi, running isn't for us ladies with endowments. xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apart from black eyes as your chest rises up to hit you in the face!!!! LOL. No Scandi, running isn't for us ladies with endowments. xxx
image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
How did you get hold of a picture of me? xx

Kelsie

Maybe go for a 20 min run and in that 20 minutes follow a routine of interval training where you run for 1 minute fast paced and 30 second jog/walk and repeat for the 20 minutes. This type of training has proven to be far more beneficial than just doing a same paced run as interval works you in the 'weight management zone' and burns off fat. Honestly the time goes so much quicker and you may enjoy it! :) unfortunately you can't loose body fat/belly by diet alone-you have to do both so if you can persevere with the exercise for at least four weeks, you will see results and become motivated to keep it up! Good luck :)

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Run? Fast pace? Have you seen my running? I have 2 speeds... Slow and very slow. I used to run a lot in my younger days but my knees won't let me nowadays. I walk briskly then add a quick ( ahem cough) short running spurt every so often ... Depending on the knees. I do ups and downs on the stairs nowadays too.

Reactions: 3 people

Karen81285

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a book...a week by week book. if you pm your address I will send it to you. I got the flat belly diet for diabetics. agree with you completely
Hi, thank you, sorry for the late reply, I only have the internet at work. If you tell me the name of the book I'm sure I could order a copy online. Cheers.

Karen81285

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you tell us your age height weight and what drugs, insulin and doses
There are some clever people here who can help you work it all out, here and with your nurse
Hi Jack, sorry for delayed reply I only get the internet at work. I'm 5'5" weight 10st 10ibs I take 12 units of levimer a day and adjust my novorapid before meals, usually between 7 - 12 units.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, I'd nearly make 2 of you so you aren't that heavy, it shouldn't be too hard, As Mo said you cut your insulin as you cut your carbs. I'm just T2 but the clever guys here say to make sure your basal is right and you may need to bolus for some of the protein as well as carbs on LC. if you start or join in a topic on carbs and insulin they will gladly help

Reactions: 3 people