The Future is Here...

D

Deleted member 308541

Good start but it’s not the children who are buying the products.
This is the problem in a nutshell , educate the parents to say "NO MEANS NO" to their little man / princess or what ever names they give them when they throw a fit it the cereal / confectionery aisle...

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the problem in a nutshell , educate the parents to say "NO MEANS NO" to their little man / princess or what ever names they give them when they throw a fit it the cereal / confectionery aisle...
You could also apply that to adults who choose to eat carby “treats”.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could also apply that to adults who choose to eat carby “treats”.

Thing is; not everyone has to say "No"?

My partner - a sprightly 73-year old, who plays golf several (variable by weather and other commitments) several times a week, or goes to the gym, with an A1c in the low 4's should avoid his version of a treat?

Actually, he has a fabulous "off" button. When he has had enough. That's it - whether sweet, savoury or a mixture. He is just, plain, old finished.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My partner - a sprightly 73-year old, who plays golf several (variable by weather and other commitments) several times a week, or goes to the gym, with an A1c in the low 4's should avoid his version of a treat?

Actually, he has a fabulous "off" button. When he has had enough. That's it - whether sweet, savoury or a mixture. He is just, plain, old finished.
My off button is pretty good too.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My husband has Frosties for breakfast most days - I’ve tried to get him onto my healthy yoghurt and berries but both he and his BS are content with the cereals!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fathead pizza with almond based dough:

94845BA8-C0F5-4B39-B5BF-40B7BCD9BFDD.jpeg

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
“Soon, rather than speaking about the two commonly defined categories of diabetes — type 1 or type 2 — there will be dozens of smaller categories representing people who have different genetic profiles, physiological patterns (including those “glucotypes”), and even different behavioral types. We will find that there are no neat categories of people who have diabetes or don’t have diabetes, but rather a continuum of risk. Rather than giving everyone the same pill, or same insulin dose, we will find that each of these different patterns benefit from unique combinations of pills and different behavioral and lifestyle therapies. We will need artificial intelligence to help us determine these different patterns, what they mean, and what we should do with them.”

Extracted from the above.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It's a bit sad that "we will need artificial intelligence" to help us determine these patterns, what they mean, and what we should do with them" (my italics).

Nothing artificial about my intelligence , ho ho ho. And I am very pleased my medical professionals aren't defining me by my behavioural type, vis a vis my metabolic derangement - not yet anyway :D.

Anyway - kidding aside - it's of course a great idea - that we will have a really comprehensive and widely used BG tracking/smart device in common use by many in the population, we diabetics first and foremost but heaps of interested BG system-normal folks too.

I won't hold my breath though - 2025 is only five years off now, and many diabetics are spending lots of time with medical professionals and pharmacists (I know I have) arguing the case for the good ol fashioned manual fingerstick tracking system - let alone a high tech system.

And the Swedes came up with four new labeling/genetic types of diabetes, and I am the only person I know who actually uses them, worst luck, because they are great type labels, I think. I have thought about why this is, and wonder if we are loathe to say, "Oh I have mild age related diabetes", let alone "obesity related diabetes", etc etc. And my one - severe insulin resistant - most people let alone medical professionals even know about let alone use the phrase insulin resistance. And sadly many many folks don't get auto-immune diseases either, let alone define a disease as that with its label - when doing so would get rid of a lot of confusion about the cause and course and treatment of the two different kinds of diabetes.

I guess what I am saying is - chance would be a very fine thing! In this regard. Bring it on. But. We may be talking more 2125 than 2025, if our species is still going as strong by then, even more sadly.

Reactions: Listlad
D

Deleted member 308541

I guess what I am saying is - chance would be a very fine thing! In this regard. Bring it on. But. We may be talking more 2525 than 2025, if our species is still going as strong by then, even more sadly.
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pills you take today...

Apologies to Zager and Evans

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the year 3535