BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well in Boise, Idaho.

https://boisedev.com/news/2019/12/03/fattitude-keto-boise/

Fattitude.

Not an advert for this business, but an indication of what we might see even in the UK in the future.

“We’ve been doing the meal prep for a while,” Cruz said. “The new location will allow us to offer keto and paleo coffees and pastries. We make amazing donuts, cheesecakes, brownies, cupcakes, cookies. We do unhealthy concepts like pizza, lasagna, meatloaf – and we make them very very healthy.”

Last edited:

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I thought about moving to Boise, Idaho, on the basis of Fattitude (I really don't like cooking...) but had a look at a map... arid mountain terrain and too far from the sea for Kiwi me. Sigh.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought about moving to Boise, Idaho, on the basis of Fattitude (I really don't like cooking...) but had a look at a map... arid mountain terrain and too far from the sea for Kiwi me. Sigh.
You have some great mountain terrain in NZ though?

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
And now I'm wallowing in envy for Santa Fe's Low Carb Bread Co - 2 g of carbs for a low carb bagel - bagels! Ah!

But again - too arid in New Mexico. Yep. The climate. Only thing preventing me moving there for the bagels.

Seriously - @Listlad, many thanks for posting these - I hope you are right about the future. I have long longed for takeaway keto and definitely restaurants, even restaurants that cooked in healthy animal fats or at the very least olive or coconut oil rather than the ghastly seed oils. Knowing these places exist somewhere, anywhere, on the planet is wonderful to know.

Now I am seriously hungry for baked goods. Sigh.

Reactions: Listlad

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You have some great mountain terrain in NZ though?

You know we don't live on top of those mountains though don't you? :). I can see a (dead! I hope!) volcano out my window. The big thing about Kiwiland is - nowhere far from the sea. It does something to you. I have to live by large bodies of water.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And now I'm wallowing in envy for Santa Fe's Low Carb Bread Co - 2 g of carbs for a low carb bagel - bagels! Ah!

But again - too arid in New Mexico. Yep. The climate. Only thing preventing me moving there for the bagels.

Seriously - @Listlad, many thanks for posting these - I hope you are right about the future. I have long longed for takeaway keto and definitely restaurants, even restaurants that cooked in healthy animal fats or at the very least olive or coconut oil rather than the ghastly seed oils. Knowing these places exist somewhere, anywhere, on the planet is wonderful to know.

Now I am seriously hungry for baked goods. Sigh.

I agree. I think it is question of when and not if.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You know we don't live on top of those mountains though don't you? :). I can see a (dead! I hope!) volcano out my window. The big thing about Kiwiland is - nowhere far from the sea. It does something to you. I have to live by large bodies of water.
I thought your volcanos were merely dormant?

I recall the beautiful scenery from the film shots of the Lord of the Rings.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ah. The thing about volcanoes - it's the new ones that can pop out of land or water. At any time. I just hope we get some decent warning. Ditto tsunamis (that's where the mountains can come in handy, or even just one of the many many many hills).

Popped onto your profile page to find out where you are living @Listlad - is in Great Britain somewhere? Oh yes, of course -"what we might see in the UK in the future". But there must be low carb and keto fare ready cooked and in cafes and restaurants available in that great city of cities - London? You guys are also 'nowhere far from the sea', but, unlike here in NZ - with lots and lots and lots of people! (And people are good :).) (More ops for Keto restaurants? Surely? And really soon? If not already?

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
... But re Low carb fare - the US has long been ahead of the game hasn't it? I've long been envious of this. (Although not of how corrupted, if I can use this word, the food chain is, the conditions of cows for my beloved beef. There is not the corn as feed situation here, as it is not really anywhere else except the States isn't it?)

And my own experience of Stockholm with LCHF items available on the menu of cafes in groovy areas of the city. Good ol' Sweden.

Reactions: Speedbird

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Looking at the ingredients list no thanks...

Ah! Good point. I just assumed it was going to be a nut flour... silly me. Wheat and me don't get along. Serious belly bloat. Skin doesn't like it. Serious going into fat storage on my belly thing there to boot. My already horribly sick fat cells groan just looking at wheat products. "Don't do this Aloe! We want to be healthy again! Give us a chance! We don't want you plugged onto a dialysis machine one day!"

Goes to show how important it is to read ingredients lists. So many opportunities to eat things that contribute to my ill health. Sigh. (I need to go into my kitchen and bake some LCHF Swedish breakfast buns. I am going to faint with hunger - still thinking about those bagels... Sigh.)

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Only in NZ would 3000 odd kiwis ski on an erupting volcano...!!

Haha! Don't get me started. But many folks, human folks from all over the world, just love to climb up mountains for the hell of it. (Even erupting ones? Perhaps not so many :).) To give them credit - they didn't know that volcano was going to erupt when they went up there to ski, I don't think, and Ruapehu is a major skiing spot closest to the most populated areas of the country - halfway between Auckland and Wellington.

Skiing, and mountain climbing is great exercise though, right? And if you don't eat the food, or eat LC carefully, at the eating places at ski resorts/slope adjacent? All good for the 'diet and exercise' treatment we are fans of!:happy:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Then there is this crowd?

http://thelowcarbfoodcompany.com/

They say:

Our initial offering will be a range of low-carbohydrate baked goods, including a selection of loaves, rolls, pancakes, wraps, pizza bases and Indian breads, alongside cakes, biscuits, batter mixes and varieties of pasta.

To achieve this, we’re using a low-carbohydrate, high-fibre flour substitute (primary ingredients: oat bran and linseed) that will form the backbone of our baked goods. By simply switching a single staple food such as bread rolls or chapatis away from wheat flour, huge changes can be made to the nutritional balance of meals.”

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Haha! Don't get me started. But many folks, human folks from all over the world, just love to climb up mountains for the hell of it. (Even erupting ones? Perhaps not so many :).) To give them credit - they didn't know that volcano was going to erupt when they went up there to ski, I don't think, and Ruapehu is a major skiing spot closest to the most populated areas of the country - halfway between Auckland and Wellington.

Skiing, and mountain climbing is great exercise though, right? And if you don't eat the food, or eat LC carefully, at the eating places at ski resorts/slope adjacent? All good for the 'diet and exercise' treatment we are fans of!:happy:
Of course NZ is one of the worlds biggest geothermal electricity generators. So clean living...

Reactions: AloeSvea

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope these places don't just provide low carb cakes, biscuits and breads but develop more savoury items. A low carb pork pie, that would be a thing of wonder!