1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The Newcastle Diet - Whats Next??

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by muzza3, Feb 10, 2016.

1. nothing56

nothing56 Type 2 · Member

Honestly for me not at all when it comes to the weight loss. I did not do any extra exercise while loosing weight. For the energy deficits you need to loose weight you would be running all day. I have in the last 2 weeks taken up Squash but this is not about loosing weight but generally to improve my heart health.

What i did do was buy a fitbit with heart rate tracker at the beginning and i was able to see that as i lost weight, both improvements to my resting and recovery heart rate and that without trying my general activity levels increased automatically as my weight decreased.

2. muzza3

muzza3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@nothing56
    That's really interesting re the exercise. I have been walking 3 x 30 minutes each day to ensure I hit the 10000 steps a day as I have a very sedentary job and have been doing some strength exercise every 3rd day. I do wonder if I am overdoing it and may drop to 2 x 30 minutes a day

3. nothing56

nothing56 Type 2 · Member

Im not an expert and i assume everyone is diffrent but i would say listen to your body. I doubt excise is going to be a bad thing as long as its simplely walking ect. I do know that the LCHF diet is basiclybthe same as a body building diet. So due to the high protein levels you can build mucle quickly. That means you will need to keep an eye on your fat% or lean mucle mass as well as weight. I have had weeks were i had modest weight loss but big fat percentage drops. It often feel like my body reordering its self. But i suspect in reality its just water distribution. Fat is made up of a lot of water.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook