The Open Insulin Project

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Guys.

I came across the Open Insulin Project while reading articles, https://openinsulin.org/. To paraphrase the link, the Open Insulin Project is a collection of researchers and advocates working to develop an open source protocol for producing insulin that is affordable, has transparent pricing, and is community-owned. I am curious has anybody else heard anything about it? I am not advocating or not advocating it, but I thought it was interesting.

To be honest one concern I have it is noble idea, but how does someone know that the insulin is good?

The second question I have, should I post this on the Type 1 Forum? I am just posting something I discovered.

Reactions: EllieM

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DCB 2

It does look interesting - from my reading it looks like a US non-profit seeking to make insulin affordable for all. Is that correct?

And on your second question, the thread is now in the Diabetes Medication section.

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Hi @DCB 2

It does look interesting - from my reading it looks like a US non-profit seeking to make insulin affordable for all. Is that correct?

And on your second question, the thread is now in the Diabetes Medication section.
That is correct .......

Reactions: Goonergal