The Polar Bear Inn, a virtual pub

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I'd like a glass of wolfblass Chardonnay and a risotto. I am trying to tune out from my husband who is withering on about dinner "are you still on that bloody forum? Are we having this dinner today or will it become lunch tomorrow?! " cheeky b@gger! Although he does cook me an amazing fried brekkie every morning!

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like a glass of wolfblass Chardonnay and a risotto. I am trying to tune out from my husband who is withering on about dinner "are you still on that bloody forum? Are we having this dinner today or will it become lunch tomorrow?! " cheeky b@gger! Although he does cook me an amazing fried brekkie every morning!

Wolfblass the destroyer of worlds...
image.jpg

Sorry just reminds me of a joke with a colleague when I was in the booze selling trade....

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Retro? Babycham!

My then-to-be-future-now-ex-husband, on our first date asked me what I wanted to drink. I said a Babycham, it was so noisy in there he thought I said brandy and babycham! To this day he doesn't believe I only asked for a babycham (yes we still talk :)) True dat.....although as I'm writing this I can see another angle, he may have been hoping for a good outcome to our first date I guess! :hilarious:

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Retro? Babycham!

My then-to-be-future-now-ex-husband, on our first date asked me what I wanted to drink. I said a Babycham, it was so noisy in there he thought I said brandy and babycham! To this day he doesn't believe I only asked for a babycham (yes we still talk :)) True dat.....although as I'm writing this I can see another angle, he may have been hoping for a good outcome to our first date I guess! :hilarious:
Mmmmm...brandy and babycham, I used to love those!

K

Kat100

Can get a bit addictive in here......x hi there scandichic

K

Kat100

Retro? Babycham!

Strong stuff .....we all had a bit of that in the day !!!!!! Lol ;) x

Seeing different angles !!!!!! What has been your tipple tonight ;)

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:meh:
Not very refined I know But I used to drink pints of (Snake Bite) for those that don't know half a Bitter mixed with half a Cider deadly.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can get a bit addictive in here......x hi there scandichic
I can't help myself. There are days when I can't seem to put my ipad down. Sometimes I worry about some of the posters and wonder how it's going. Especially if I know they're having a tough time. How sad is that?

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't help myself. There are days when I can't seem to put my ipad down. Sometimes I worry about some of the posters and wonder how it's going. Especially if I know they're having a tough time. How sad is that?
that's what happens when you have too much coffee.:)

K

Kat100

I have to drop in every day at some point , or I get withdrawal symptoms ......
Not sad at all.....:) a great place to drop into.......X

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Does anybody remember taboo and lemonade - the original alcopop?! Can't believe I drank that as a student! Just the thought of it puts my teeth on edge! Am disappointed that noones ordered cinzano and lemonade as were such a classy bunch!

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Well Scandii love, for my part I am glad to be wondered about especially if I'm having a bad time :)

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes: I never wanted a tablet I love my desktop. Then Hubby talked me into one. And I check the posts in here while my first cup of tea of the day is cooling.

K

Kat100

I bought a tablet , then returned it saying I will never use that ....

Now it sits on my lap , tv, on whatever, we feel very attached , glad I went and got it back ....x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
:rolleyes: I never wanted a tablet I love my desktop. Then Hubby talked me into one. And I check the posts in here while my first cup of tea of the day is cooling.
So do I! At 6:30 when the alarm goes off and I'm drinking tea!