The SCREAM thread

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great. So my car is stuck miles from home now with brakes stuck on. I have to somehow get to my clinic appointment with my DSN in the morning (on the complete opposite end of town), find a way to get back to my car, somehow limp it 5 miles to the nearest town to a garage with the brakes stuck on and get to work (which is 20 miles from home).

I need my car! ☹️

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Great. So my car is stuck miles from home now with brakes stuck on. I have to somehow get to my clinic appointment with my DSN in the morning (on the complete opposite end of town), find a way to get back to my car, somehow limp it 5 miles to the nearest town to a garage with the brakes stuck on and get to work (which is 20 miles from home).

I need my car! ☹️
Oh no @db89 . I miss driving. I wouldnt trust myself at mo. Happy to use public transport for my appointments otherwise I jump a taxi. At least there, so I'm on time. Especially if important. Tramadol is a life saver.
A night job I had some years ago now had me driving silly miles, at 2pm in the morning to work. Looked after my toddler on returning home and slept at nap time to survive the hundreds of pounds for nursery fees trap.
One badger tried to join me, on one occasion!

Reactions: chris lowe and db89

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've filled my tummy with porriage as I'm so hungry and now I'm regreting it. Argh!!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My A1C went up.....but my thyroid tests were ok, none dangerous, still skirting medications, lab did nto bother to process my metabolic panel so have to get new Rx, ditto lipids. Bet they charged my insurance for them, though. All this at a hospital whose preregistration process did not work, who got some of my test orders wrong and where it took massive effort to enter stuff in my electronic record. All that and despite checkin in at 7 AM, did not take fasting tests including cortosol until 11:33. Guess where I don't want to end up and die?
Can you change hospitals, or not practical?

Reactions: Sable_Jan
D

debrasue

It's interesting that you chose to ignore an invitation to discuss the issue in private and chose instead to raise it on this open thread. Perhaps you felt that a private conversation would not best serve your own agenda...
Well, as I'm sure you are aware, the thread has now been reinstated. But please don't assume that you have been instrumental in that; I simply felt that there were other, far more deserving causes.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
C

chris lowe

The App is driving me NUTS!! I've posted several items on the forum bugs thread & tagged @admin, but never get a reply or acknowledgement. For goodness sake, surely it's not outside the bounds of possibility to sort it out? App is slow, takes forever to post, not getting notifications, started to get wait xx seconds to reply. Tried removing & reinstalling no improvement. Maybe I should try posting a load of unacceptable phrases to catch someone's attention?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The App is driving me NUTS!! I've posted several items on the forum bugs thread & tagged @admin, but never get a reply or acknowledgement. For goodness sake, surely it's not outside the bounds of possibility to sort it out? App is slow, takes forever to post, not getting notifications, started to get wait xx seconds to reply. Tried removing & reinstalling no improvement. Maybe I should try posting a load of unacceptable phrases to catch someone's attention?

Chris, if you are using the @admin tag, I doubt you will hear anything. Our current Admin is @Administrator .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've been looking for a cry thread so scream thread will have to do.
Not seeing cardiologist til 7th april. Calcium in my left anterior descending artery (widow maker) is what's causing my problems so my update letter has informed me. My cardiologist appointment states I can bring a relative or friend to the appointment. Oh sh*t this is serious!
On-line it states if I do have a heart attack from that being fully blocked its fatal. If I survive its imperative I get to a&e within 5-20mins or brain will die.
Stents don't stop a heart attack. They relieve heart disease symptoms, for some.
I think I'm in trouble!

Reactions: Freema
D

debrasue

Not seeing cardiologist til 7th april. Calcium in my left anterior descending artery (widow maker) is what's causing my problems so my update letter has informed me. My cardiologist appointment states I can bring a relative or friend to the appointment. Oh sh*t this is serious!
On-line it states if I do have a heart attack from that being fully blocked its fatal. If I survive its imperative I get to a&e within 5-20mins or brain will die.
Stents don't stop a heart attack. They relieve heart disease symptoms, for some.
I think I'm in trouble!
It sounds as if you need a telephone consultation with your cardiologist urgently to put your mind at rest, hun - stressing over this for the next month is not going to do you any good at all. Call his secretary and do/say whatever you have to, to get to speak to him. Sending big hugs xxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
debrasue post: 1403730 said:
It sounds as if you need a telephone consultation with your cardiologist urgently to put your mind at rest, hun - stressing over this for the next month is not going to do you any good at all. Call his secretary and do/say whatever you have to, to get to speak to him. Sending big hugs xxx
Thank you. I didn't know they can do that? I'll try.

C

chris lowe

I think I'm in trouble!

Can you contact hospital & tell them you'd take a cancellation at short notice?

C

chris lowe

Agree!

Reactions: Sable_Jan

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Can you contact hospital & tell them you'd take a cancellation at short notice?
Thanks chris.
I'll try both. Will have to wait til tomorrow thou. I appreciate the clear thinking from you both. Scrambled head yesterday.