The SCREAM thread

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, I am on my phone! I don't have a computer or anything else ... the screen is large enough though sometimes especially last night it was struggling to load the pages... the other problem is it doesn't load other responses until you reload! This means you answer something and are always a step or 2 behind.
The response was lovely though, and I don't believe (truly) in cutting off people. I may be angry for a while but I will always try to change opinions... which is difficult to do if you have blocked/ignore them... ;-)

You got whatever resources you got.
Even if you were low carbing for a D child. It's not easy.. Should be applauded! It's hard enough decision as an adult.

I was diagnosed during summer break. When I went back to school? They had some sort of healthy eating, embryonic "Jamie Oliver" style "initiative." This was 1976.
The sweets in my pocket for "emergencies" (hypo treatment.) we're contraband... But advised by the diabetes clinic to carry... Confusing for an 8 year old...
"Charlie says." & all that.....keep doing whet yer doing.. ;)

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
there are some really cheap dehydrators out there and kids of all ages, especially me, love dehydrated veggies and apple slices and pemlican sticks and sausages dried and other. It is really fun to go on hikes with your own home made stuff in baggies

http://bestreviews.com/best-dehydrators
Dehydrator sounds good! We love exploring and long walks (as well as how the bags get lighter as we go)...

D

debrasue

well, I really like your posts so at least you have an audience of one.

I think that some individuals only post on this forum to win imaginary games and to have some illusion of superiority at the expense of others. But there are plenty of joyful and communal benefits to the forum that balance people here for the wrong reason. I kind of find it irritating to watch people who never talk about diabetes but that's minor
I really hope this comment doesn't refer to the one that preceded it, relating to the What Are You Doing Right Now? thread...
It would be wrong to assume that posters on that thread never post anywhere else, where they discuss diabetes. The WAYDRN thread serves the specific purpose of providing a lighthearted platform for members to chat and banter with one another - and represents a great bonding exercise for those who choose to participate in it. :)

D

debrasue

It has been 4 months from being on here (reading rather than posting etc)

First message left about low carbs... on a low carbs page (I believe) and got jumped on by someone judging me as a parent! as a low carber! as a meat eater! Wow. I didn't pass judgement on them so why do people think it is fine to verbally attack others who don't hold the same beliefs and views? feel really bad for coming back on now!
Come back to us on What Are You Doing Right Now? @busydiabeticmum - we've missed you! :)

C

chris lowe

I really hope this comment doesn't refer to the one that preceded it, relating to the What Are You Doing Right Now? thread...
It would be wrong to assume that posters on that thread never post anywhere else, where they discuss diabetes. The WAYDRN thread serves the specific purpose of providing a lighthearted platform for members to chat and banter with one another - and represents a great bonding exercise for those who choose to participate in it. :)

Hear hear

sheepy2020

Put on new medication as old one "wasn't working". Told to ring in if I went over 13. Haven't been able to get it under 13 to 16. Answer from head diabetic nurse. Stop taking readings. Or takes a month. Funny leaflet says it take 1 to 2 weeks. Erm well we will test you in a month and see. Idiots

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thank you.
I was upset and couldn't sleep for a bit but had a cup of tea and take it on the chin, @Juicyj was really lovely so it wasn't until I spoke to her that I was able to sleep!

I don't like it when people try to put us in boxes.
The book my son was working from had :
Fruit and veg (most healthy eat most of): included CHIPS
Carbs: (next healthy to eat a lot of) bread, pasta, rice
Meat: included fish (not so healthy only eat a little!
Fat and sugar: this included all dairy products so cheese, yoghurt, butter along side sweets chocolate, cakes and biscuits!
There was just too much to change so I skipped that page and went on to plants...

It is heartbreaking to think this is what is being passed as "healthy" and wondering about the future health of our kids!

My kids eat a healthy Mediterranean diet so to teach them that actually chips is more of a healthy diet... arch that will just undo all the good work I have done!

I have stayed away from one particular thread after somebody slated me for my diet of eating one banana every other day

Some folk on that thread are plain horrible

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
N

NicolaB70

Here here Debra. X

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
When I say no , I mean no. When I say not interested I don't want it . Why don't nurses just listen. Aaaahhh makes me so mad. I ended up shouting at her down the phone . If I want something I will ask. Been in a mood ever since.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The heating system of the house decided to bail out on us. Apparently it's from a company that only sold 1000 units in Belgium and then packed it's bags and left, so it's no longer possible to find spare parts. Conclusion: i need a new gas burner and a pay raise. We've been pumping large sums into the house ever since we bought it. A lot of small things still need to be done but around the time we saved enough to do them something tends to break. So everything that was planned for this year will have to move up to next year once again. I just payed a huge sum in january so now i honestly don't have the money to spend on a heating system. I'm going to go cave man for the next couple of months and hope the weather heats up a bit but usually march is still pretty darn cold.

Reactions: Freema
M

mist

The heating system of the house decided to bail out on us. Apparently it's from a company that only sold 1000 units in Belgium and then packed it's bags and left, so it's no longer possible to find spare parts. Conclusion: i need a new gas burner and a pay raise. We've been pumping large sums into the house ever since we bought it. A lot of small things still need to be done but around the time we saved enough to do them something tends to break. So everything that was planned for this year will have to move up to next year once again. I just payed a huge sum in january so now i honestly don't have the money to spend on a heating system. I'm going to go cave man for the next couple of months and hope the weather heats up a bit but usually march is still pretty darn cold.

Tough break man, at least it didn't go on the blink in the winter! Yikes!

Does that affect your water too?

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tough break man, at least it didn't go on the blink in the winter! Yikes!

Does that affect your water too?

Thankfully we still have warm water *knocks on wood*

But there's a gremlin in the house lately ... small stuff breaking all over the place light switches, door handles ... And still need to finish the kitchen, garage, ... The to-do list is getting a bit out of hand. But at least i got my game server up and running again so i got that going for me ... maybe if i turn of the cooling it'll warm up the place a bit. :D

Reactions: Freema
M

mist

Thankfully we still have warm water *knocks on wood*

But there's a gremlin in the house lately ... small stuff breaking all over the place light switches, door handles ... And still need to finish the kitchen, garage, ... The to-do list is getting a bit out of hand. But at least i got my game server up and running again so i got that going for me ... maybe if i turn of the cooling it'll warm up the place a bit. :D

Bwahahaha! Nice!

What games are you running? Please say Battlefield :D

It does sound like you have Gremlins, or a mischevious ghost for sure. I know that one mate, jobs that need doing coming out of my ears too, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get these jobs done AND enjoy a satisfying gaming session! Something's gotta give..:joyful:

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bwahahaha! Nice!

What games are you running? Please say Battlefield :D

It does sound like you have Gremlins, or a mischevious ghost for sure. I know that one mate, jobs that need doing coming out of my ears too, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get these jobs done AND enjoy a satisfying gaming session! Something's gotta give..:joyful:

ATM i'm running Killing floor 2 and Conan exiles.Though only private server to play with mates and the wife. Probably going to be playing Conan with the wife tonight & tomorrow.

Do have to say that when being generous with the hot sauce you don't really mind the heater being broken. :D

I totally agree on the lack of hours in a day ... i can recite the to-do list from the top of my head but ... just 5 more minutes AND it's 3 AM again. :D

M

mist

ATM i'm running Killing floor 2 and Conan exiles.Though only private server to play with mates and the wife. Probably going to be playing Conan with the wife tonight & tomorrow.

Do have to say that when being generous with the hot sauce you don't really mind the heater being broken. :D

I totally agree on the lack of hours in a day ... i can recite the to-do list from the top of my head but ... just 5 more minutes AND it's 3 AM again. :D

KF2 is a **** good game, I'm playing that on PS4 at the moment, it's a bit of a grind though and we need more bosses!

Conan has "Willy physics" I read it on Gamespot :stop::facepalm:

When I get one job done, I usually reward myself with an hour of gaming, but then I can't get off..:D

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
KF2 is pretty **** good, i only play PC games don't have a console.

And Conan does have willy physics ... it even shows you the direction the sand storm is blowing in :D

D

debrasue

KF2 is a **** good game, I'm playing that on PS4 at the moment, it's a bit of a grind though and we need more bosses!

Conan has "Willy physics" I read it on Gamespot :stop::facepalm:

When I get one job done, I usually reward myself with an hour of gaming, but then I can't get off..:D
I'm probably going to wish I hadn't asked, and I've never played a game in my life, but what on earth is "willy physics"?

Reactions: ellagy

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@debrasue the game has a "full nudity" setting and for the male characters an endowment slider to increase the size of the ...

It weaves in the wind and wiggles when running hence the apt name willy physics :D