ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I asked the Doc if I could come off Insulin he said No laughs...he said u may need more I said no way it causes me to have hypos anyways went to see diabetic Nurse and she has suggested I have 25% after tea and see how it goes well i did and got anotehr hypo so cutting down on that tonight grrrrr
Yes I noticed less meds needed whilst moving (twice in 6wks, just after having a baby). All the hard work to pack and unpack.
Once your relaxed in new home it may give you higher bgs if you're reducing insulin.
I wish i had foreseen problems as I'm on more insulin in metformin's absence. More than before discovering low carb. My spikes if any in error are taking hug correction units. Hence I should add weight but losing very very slowly.
I wish i could tolerate metformin properly again. It really really helps.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
well I asked BG to come fit a prepayment meter for gas and electric , gas been done electric not so as he found asbestos inside the electric power thing so have to have a suited up gas engineer to remove it .... and it was the young man Jamie who came out to fit the meter ..how refreshing to have such young people who know their job well and are willing look after your needs

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Here we go again. After finishing the second lot of antibiotics on Sunday . Ron's chest problem is back yet again. I told him i didn't think any amount of pills were going to cure him. He was inclined to agree. It all started yesterday as he decided to water and feed the garden. I said he would over do it and he did .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Here we go again. After finishing the second lot of antibiotics on Sunday . Ron's chest problem is back yet again. I told him i didn't think any amount of pills were going to cure him. He was inclined to agree. It all started yesterday as he decided to water and feed the garden. I said he would over do it and he did .
Tell him he's in trouble from me. Overdoing it after chest infections on top of his ailments and diabetes.
He needs to pace himself better.

Mind u who am I kidding. I'm just as bad.

When I get any energy I want to be doing, as it isn't very often.
Ive gone on Dapagliflozin for a few weeks pre-op. I felt a difference immediately. But then an out of the blue 17.2 reading. Argh!!! Well I did forget my novarapid with meal. Also I had tried out a meal replacement for starting 800cals diet. They are very sweet. Hence 17 reading.
I made soup and veg stir-fry (in fridge) in preparation. I put onion in soup, wish I hadn't as all I can taste. So soup might be binned.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tell him he's in trouble from me. Overdoing it after chest infections on top of his ailments and diabetes.
He needs to pace himself better.

Mind u who am I kidding. I'm just as bad.

When I get any energy I want to be doing, as it isn't very often.
Ive gone on Dapagliflozin for a few weeks pre-op. I felt a difference immediately. But then an out of the blue 17.2 reading. Argh!!! Well I did forget my novarapid with meal. Also I had tried out a meal replacement for starting 800cals diet. They are very sweet. Hence 17 reading.
I made soup and veg stir-fry (in fridge) in preparation. I put onion in soup, wish I hadn't as all I can taste. So soup might be binned.
Ron's readings are still up on the different metformin. Today he had a morning reading of 10 but he's had readings of between 11/13. They haven't changed since before stopping the other metformin. On this reading he got up at 3 am .

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Got up feeling shattered I am wondering why the heck I keep wake up at 2 am or 3 am every night and hope it soon stops I love my nights sleep .... up washed and had breakfast plus jab and meds , hope the day goes well

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Ron's readings are still up on the different metformin. Today he had a morning reading of 10 but he's had readings of between 11/13. They haven't changed since before stopping the other metformin. On this reading he got up at 3 am .
is this not a high reading maybe needs go back see the Doctor, hope it is sorted for him

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
He’s made one on line but it’s for the middle of October. He will be seeing another gp

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
So this morning Ron had a call from the physical disability team. They hadn’t forgot him but they are so far behind with their case loads that they are still dealing with referrals they had back in November. So Ron will have to wait several more months before he gets help . He is already struggling to get in and out of bed . His legs get very tired and he’s in a great deal of pain . Ron also told them that I’ve hurt my back lifting him when he has chronic fatigue relapses . They were sorry but they will try and get to him as soon as they can . In the mean time were left to cope as best as we can.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So this morning Ron had a call from the physical disability team. They hadn’t forgot him but they are so far behind with their case loads that they are still dealing with referrals they had back in November. So Ron will have to wait several more months before he gets help . He is already struggling to get in and out of bed . His legs get very tired and he’s in a great deal of pain . Ron also told them that I’ve hurt my back lifting him when he has chronic fatigue relapses . They were sorry but they will try and get to him as soon as they can . In the mean time were left to cope as best as we can.

Oh dear. On the lifting front; can there not be some form of care package established by your GP?

How about contacting the Red Cross? When my father was very ill they were marvellous, in terms of provision of mobility and safety aids, and ensuring he and my mother were able to use them safely. The aids were on load, but at no cost, unless by voluntary donation, and they came regularly to service the devices. His, again loaned, wheelchair had to be returned every few weeks for mandatory service, but n reality, they just swapped it on the spot, so minimal inconvenience.

I have to say, we found them to be absolutely marvellous.

To be fair, this was a fair few years ago now, but still worth a try. And if they can't help, they may know of organisations that might be able to.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Oh dear. On the lifting front; can there not be some form of care package established by your GP?

How about contacting the Red Cross? When my father was very ill they were marvellous, in terms of provision of mobility and safety aids, and ensuring he and my mother were able to use them safely. The aids were on load, but at no cost, unless by voluntary donation, and they came regularly to service the devices. His, again loaned, wheelchair had to be returned every few weeks for mandatory service, but n reality, they just swapped it on the spot, so minimal inconvenience.

I have to say, we found them to be absolutely marvellous.

To be fair, this was a fair few years ago now, but still worth a try. And if they can't help, they may know of organisations that might be able to.

Our bungalow is so small there is no room for any kind of aids in the bedroom unless there fixed to the ceiling .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our bungalow is so small there is no room for any kind of aids in the bedroom unless there fixed to the ceiling .

Could be worth the chat to see what's around. They may have ideas.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
SCREAM away hun.

Is this the cuts from local authority or cuts in NHS?
No children dieticians... in a few months, here. I think they're getting displaced into diabetes diet treatment providers.
Autistic boy not showing any excessive weight gain. Nearly teenager is becoming weight conscious so I'm watching this space. I can now get him on my milkshakes without a fuss. He's had loads of holiday food as he's had 2 sleepovers (out) and treats from all over this week.
Monday I'm thinking of giving him a milkshake to take. With a breakfast milkshake before he leaves. He's an adult size 12 shoe and only 11yrs old. He's going to be a giant.

Thinking of you both @eldergarth and @tina_marie.
If I was 20yrs younger I'd be your friendly pest. I wish i could give you both hands on help.
Is there no help from anyone? Hands on help I mean.
Could you consider paying for a cleaner or simIliar to take some pressure off you?
We need a adhoc childminder for little one so we are hoping to pull our resources to break one in. In our home. For more school holiday relief.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Cuts in local authority budgets have caused this . Not enough staff to go around not enough hours in the day to see all that need help . I use to work in the care system it was bad then but it’s got a whole lot worse . The person who phoned Ron yesterday did say she would talk to her manager on Monday to see if he could get bumped up the list or to see if there was anything that could be put into place to tide him over until they get round to seeing him .

Reactions: DCUKMod

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bl00ming doctors receptionists

Had my HBa1c back in November, then repeat in December due to not being able to test the sample. Receptionist keesps phonoing asking me to go for another as test was abnormal. Picked up another blood form, made the appointment for today. My GP said last week when seen for something unrelated 'make your annual diabetes check appt with the nurse', so I explained the shenaningans around my HBa1c and she asked me to speak to the receptionist on the way out. They had to speak to the GP to sort out another blood form and then whilst I was out the following afternoon phoned up to make yet another appointment with the nurse. (This has all been different receptionists). So I spoke to the practice manager and basically told them off for confusing the heck out of me with changing what's happening. I do now have an appointment with the nurse for the diabetes check but I cant understand why the receptionists can all be getting it so wrong. I dont need a repeat HBa1c just yet as the results will probably be the same. Instead i need to make an appointment to see the GP and discuss with him why my results came back as abnormal.

Waste of my time for the past 3 months

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bl00ming doctors receptionists

Had my HBa1c back in November, then repeat in December due to not being able to test the sample. Receptionist keesps phonoing asking me to go for another as test was abnormal. Picked up another blood form, made the appointment for today. My GP said last week when seen for something unrelated 'make your annual diabetes check appt with the nurse', so I explained the shenaningans around my HBa1c and she asked me to speak to the receptionist on the way out. They had to speak to the GP to sort out another blood form and then whilst I was out the following afternoon phoned up to make yet another appointment with the nurse. (This has all been different receptionists). So I spoke to the practice manager and basically told them off for confusing the heck out of me with changing what's happening. I do now have an appointment with the nurse for the diabetes check but I cant understand why the receptionists can all be getting it so wrong. I dont need a repeat HBa1c just yet as the results will probably be the same. Instead i need to make an appointment to see the GP and discuss with him why my results came back as abnormal.

Waste of my time for the past 3 months
I bet your receptionists are confused too. Let's hope their manager simplifies things for them.

I like you appreciate not all diabetics are the same but their basic NICE recommendations are!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I give up with the nhs Ron has now been discharged from the chronic fatigue clinic.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
This is the worse relapse day Rons had so far .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
This is the worse relapse day Rons had so far .