The SCREAM thread

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
70 years young this year and through my daughter decided to take on a Part time job with a care agency ... my first week almost over and working many hours I have even told them I can't do two shifts and do not wish to finish at 11pm at nigth arghhhh
Have always loved helping others .....kicks herself for working when retired grrrrr :)

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
70 years young this year and through my daughter decided to take on a Part time job with a care agency ... my first week almost over and working many hours I have even told them I can't do two shifts and do not wish to finish at 11pm at nigth arghhhh
Have always loved helping others .....kicks herself for working when retired grrrrr :)

Hi Patsy, care work can be such hard work, very long hours and money not brilliant either, mileage for getting to each client, is under 50p per mile. If someone is ill or on holiday, then the office will ring and keep asking if that carer can do extra shifts. Have a talk with the care team about reduced hours if possible. Take care of yourself. It's brilliant to work after retirement, my dad did for years and really enjoyed working and the extra money came in handy too.:)

Reactions: 9 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
smiles...I am afraid i was spoiled when I worked as worked for Social services as a Team leader/ Senior so had a good wage plus phone plus good mileage allowance I have missed working and this is my first week back laughs i said just a few hours but as you have said they are desperate and I seem to be getting a few more than I would like but I see how i go have just rung car insurance to find it cost me 60 pounds extra on my insurance for adding business to it instead of domestic pleasure shakes head

Reactions: 5 people

Topmansmithy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
modern life
Old men in Lycra - otherwise known as CYCLISTS!:mad::p:arghh::yuck:

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Old men in Lycra - otherwise known as CYCLISTS!:mad::p:arghh::yuck:
Did you HAVE to!:p Now you've reminded me of the old guy who comes in the cafe, not only does he wear lycra, he's got a false leg!! To give him his due he must be over 70 but he still cycles over 100 miles a week, despite being knocked off his bike a few weeks ago :)

Topmansmithy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
modern life
Did you HAVE to!:p Now you've reminded me of the old guy who comes in the cafe, not only does he wear lycra, he's got a false leg!! To give him his due he must be over 70 but he still cycles over 100 miles a week, despite being knocked off his bike a few weeks ago :)
Hah - good for him:) - its the 50 something brigade who think they own the road and they ride like they are in the tour de france!! Traffic lights and other road users mean nothing. grrrr

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The doctor describing my latest HBA1C of 44 as SATISFACTORY... Err actually I'd describe it as pretty flippin brilliant seen as I've worked my **** off to get to this number and in 26 years of being diabetic it's the lowest number I've ever had, so you can take your satisfactory coz I don't care for your opinion ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I did extremely well not to swear at him.. And swear in this post lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The doctor describing my latest HBA1C of 44 as SATISFACTORY... Err actually I'd describe it as pretty flippin brilliant seen as I've worked my **** off to get to this number and in 26 years of being diabetic it's the lowest number I've ever had, so you can take your satisfactory coz I don't care for your opinion ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I did extremely well not to swear at him.. And swear in this post lol

My target is 58 (I'm insulin sensitive) but if I manage to get a cgm or Freestyle Libre my target will be 50. Your doctor is NUTS! Well done Mrsass!

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Where the sun don't shine comes to mind ;) :p

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

We'll done 44 is great :):)

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What about the weather girls, it's raining men ;) yep, definitely getting fed up with the weather :arghh:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grey but dry here in Winch. We're going to Hinton Ampner in a minute, to look at the roses. Mrs hay-char has an Art Card which gets her free entry, but I have to pay, and it's not cheap.

Aaaaaar - no, hang on; wrong thread :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's the thing. I belong to a motorcycling touring club and for the last few years have been responsible for organising our annual June Meet in North Yorkshire (Dales and Moors).
Planning began in October 2014 and we thought we would hire a coach and have a brewery trip on the Saturday evening after our days riding.
So, in January I booked everything and it's all ready to go. Everyone is looking forward to the trip round the brewery, the free samples and the pea and pie supper to follow.

In April I was diagnosed T2.

Question - what should I wear to the party?

S

Sable_Jan

Here's the thing. I belong to a motorcycling touring club and for the last few years have been responsible for organising our annual June Meet in North Yorkshire (Dales and Moors).
Planning began in October 2014 and we thought we would hire a coach and have a brewery trip on the Saturday evening after our days riding.
So, in January I booked everything and it's all ready to go. Everyone is looking forward to the trip round the brewery, the free samples and the pea and pie supper to follow.

In April I was diagnosed T2.

Question - what should I wear to the party?
Clothes? ;)