The SCREAM thread

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grey but dry here in Winch. We're going to Hinton Ampner in a minute, to look at the roses. Mrs hay-char has an Art Card which gets her free entry, but I have to pay, and it's not cheap.

Aaaaaar - no, hang on; wrong thread :)
Well; I'm really on the ball today - it was Mottisfont we were going to, not Hinton Ampner. Easy mistake to make. Still lots of fabulous roses, and suprisingly nice weather, considering it's the weekend :)

I'm picking up my daughter from the station later this evening: she's staging a phased return from Uni which will also involve lengthy drives to and from Canterbury next week, to get her gear. In the mean time, no weekend drinkies for me until I've gone to meet her off the train tonight. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

Reactions: 10 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
If one more of my grand kids tell me "no granddad you can`t have this your diabetic " while eating what ever it is in front of me i`m afraid there will 1 or more grand kid less Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reactions: 15 people
C

chris lowe

Yet again tonight about half 5 the neighbours had another %&$£@*****&^£ barbecue, so had to shut back door, and close all windows. I don't mind a barbie now and then, but they seem to fire it up evey sunny day. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: 11 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Funny, that's where I told my boss where he could put his job when I told him I was taking early retirement :D

I wanted to say so much more when I handed my notice in my last job, but I held back in my resignation letter, but there were always other ways to get back before I left................ :rolleyes: ;) :)

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yet again tonight about half 5 the neighbours had another %&$£@*****&^£ barbecue, so had to shut back door, and close all windows. I don't mind a barbie now and then, but they seem to fire it up evey sunny day. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Hate the smell of the burnt fat....barbecues NEVER smell nice... not round here at least....and I'm the same.....shut all the windows and the door.....fortunately I've not been subject to them yet this year....

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

I wanted to say so much more when I handed my notice in my last job, but I held back in my resignation letter, but there were always other ways to get back before I left................ :rolleyes: ;) :)
I took early redundancy (so didn't get to have my pension as well) but I'd had my right hip done, then I had some leave leftover so never really went back post op....just for a half day to clear my stuff out......wonderful, magic moment.......

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hate the smell of the burnt fat....barbecues NEVER smell nice... not round here at least....and I'm the same.....shut all the windows and the door.....fortunately I've not been subject to them yet this year....
Don't feel too excited yet Jan summer is still on the way and the air will be scented with burnt sausages, chicken thighs etc I hate it too l also hate eating it. And it makes the air stink

Reactions: 6 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so happy that I attended my first DESMOND session this week. Such an experience. A double act consisting of a diabetes nurse (Syd Little) and a dietician (Eddy Large). It was just like being in primary school again only with bigger chairs. So looking forward to the next act in 2 weeks time.

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

I am so happy that I attended my first DESMOND session this week. Such an experience. A double act consisting of a diabetes nurse (Syd Little) and a dietician (Eddy Large). It was just like being in primary school again only with bigger chairs. So looking forward to the next act in 2 weeks time.
Not too useful then ;):eek:

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too useful then ;):eek:
I don't know how you can say such a thing :D

Why are dieticians (usually) such bloaters? ...though I have to say that the one doing the Desmond course I attended was young, slim and extremely fit - in both senses of the word :)

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I don't know how you can say such a thing :D

Why are dieticians (usually) such bloaters? ...though I have to say that the one doing the Desmond course I attended was young, slim and extremely fit - in both senses of the word :)

Male or female lol ;)

S

Sable_Jan

First dog show of the year where we've been allowed to have a stalk and its peeing down......aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

C

chris lowe

Just had an unnerving thought. I'm pretty sure that I've got an appointment on Tuesday but I can't find any mention of it on the calendar or on my phone diary. The reason I'm sure is I thought at the time that it was a stupid thing to do as we won't be home til the early hours as we've got Fleetwood Mac Monday. I know it's not dentist, hygienist or doctor. My brain is shutting down and I can't think of what it could be:confused::grumpy::banghead:

C

chris lowe

Grey but dry here in Winch. We're going to Hinton Ampner in a minute, to look at the roses. Mrs hay-char has an Art Card which gets her free entry, but I have to pay, and it's not cheap.

Aaaaaar - no, hang on; wrong thread :)
Don't know if it's too late, but Gardners World Mag has a buy one get in free tickets for various gardens around the country, but I've just realised that if she's got an art card then you only want one ticket. I think my brain is too tired out.:banghead:

S

Sable_Jan

Just had an unnerving thought. I'm pretty sure that I've got an appointment on Tuesday but I can't find any mention of it on the calendar or on my phone diary. The reason I'm sure is I thought at the time that it was a stupid thing to do as we won't be home til the early hours as we've got Fleetwood Mac Monday. I know it's not dentist, hygienist or doctor. My brain is shutting down and I can't think of what it could be:confused::grumpy::banghead:
I think you mentioned it on the What are You Doing Now thread so if you care to trawl backwards.......afraind I can't remember what you said the appointment was for but SURE you did mention it

C

chris lowe

I think you mentioned it on the What are You Doing Now thread so if you care to trawl backwards.......afraind I can't remember what you said the appointment was for but SURE you did mention it
I remembered when I woke up for a comfort break about 2am! It's the optician at 11.15 on Tues. Thanks for remembering the post though. ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im doing a happy scream if I may, took the husband out for a surprise fathers day treat to the cinema and for the first time ever, we had no popcorn or hot dogs...ok, so we had a large diet coke each but that is a big step for us and just tested and my by is 5.7 so I'm happy

Reactions: 15 people

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Hello.

So I went to a fancy pants spa hotel t'other day.

Big warning sign on the steam room and on the spa: "do not use this facility if you are .................. diabetic"

****** that!!!!! *

* I acknowledge the link between heat and blood sugar and of course it is not cool to deliberately put yourself at risk of a hypo. But a girl needs to unclog her pores from time to time!

Reactions: 5 people