The SCREAM thread

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Hi Just a bit grumpy today and in screaming mode :arghh::arghh::arghh: Trying to cope with a frozen shoulder at the moment. :mad:Although a lot better today still struggling to get the gears in my car. Why could it not have been my right arm.:eek: Can walk to the supermarket I suppose but then how do I carry my shopping back, :p cant win. Will try and drive the car have to eat, :hungry:
Been there, you poor thing. It was my left shoulder as well! Do you know what caused yours? Mine was by a phlebotomist who tried to straighten my arm. She didn't ask me, she just did it. I have an injury and can't straighten my arm. Someone tried to hug me when I told her about the pain - I almost fainted the agony she caused.

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Been there, you poor thing. It was my left shoulder as well! Do you know what caused yours? Mine was by a phlebotomist who tried to straighten my arm. She didn't ask me, she just did it. I have an injury and can't straighten my arm. Someone tried to hug me when I told her about the pain - I almost fainted the agony she caused.
Hi No I can not think of anything that could have caused it, except I did pick up my 3 yr old granddaughter the other day but I do this a lot unless this time I twisted or strained something I don't know. I nearly went to A & E on Saturday night but then thought if they tried to move my arm or shoulder I couldn't stand it. Did you put in a complaint about the phlebotomist I would have done. It has eased a bit but having trouble lifting my arm up or out, if it doesn't go will have to go back to docs and see what he suggests, just a bit frightened if he sends ne to hospital and they try and mess with it too. Thank you:)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi Just a bit grumpy today and in screaming mode :arghh::arghh::arghh: Trying to cope with a frozen shoulder at the moment. :mad:Although a lot better today still struggling to get the gears in my car. Why could it not have been my right arm.:eek: Can walk to the supermarket I suppose but then how do I carry my shopping back, cant win. Will try and drive the car have to eat, :hungry:
Take care, hope it's soon better. I drive automatic so wouldn't have that problem fortunately.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Take care, hope it's soon better. I drive automatic so wouldn't have that problem fortunately.
Hi Sable_ Jan, I had an automatic a while ago would have been ok if I had kept it but never mind these t:(hings come to test us will plod on as usual thank you again.

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Sable_ Jan, I had an automatic a while ago would have been ok if I had kept it but never mind these t:(hings come to test us will plod on as usual thank you again.
Have you tried Ibuprofen gel? Painkiller & antiinflammatory. You can get tube of it under generic name for £1 rather than costing arm and leg for neurofen

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ditto - it's magic stuff, that gel. I picked some up in Aldi recently for very little money at all, and it's fab.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A controlled scream at the 'higher up' people in jobs. I received a reply back from a one of these and their reasoning is pathetic. So I wrote a reply back, basically saying I didn't agree and I knew all along nothing would be done about it. So an arrgggghhhhhh from me :arghh::arghh::arghh: I wish I could say what I really think sometimes, but I can't and I wont :mad: :rolleyes:

S

Sable_Jan

A controlled scream at the 'higher up' people in jobs. I received a reply back from a one of these and their reasoning is pathetic. So I wrote a reply back, basically saying I didn't agree and I knew all along nothing would be done about it. So an arrgggghhhhhh from me :arghh::arghh::arghh: I wish I could say what I really think sometimes, but I can't and I wont :mad: :rolleyes:
I'll join you AAAARRRGGGHHHHH that's just for the injustice being done to you.....

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Hi No I can not think of anything that could have caused it, except I did pick up my 3 yr old granddaughter the other day but I do this a lot unless this time I twisted or strained something I don't know. I nearly went to A & E on Saturday night but then thought if they tried to move my arm or shoulder I couldn't stand it. Did you put in a complaint about the phlebotomist I would have done. It has eased a bit but having trouble lifting my arm up or out, if it doesn't go will have to go back to docs and see what he suggests, just a bit frightened if he sends ne to hospital and they try and mess with it too. Thank you:)
Unfortunately the frozen shoulder didn't happen immediately, It slowly crept on. I thought at first I'd slept awkwardly or pulled a muscle. By the time I couldn't raise my arm, do my bra up or feel my little finger it was quite a while since my blood test. I still can't feel my little finger and it causes problems in playing the piano and the flute. I was sent to see a physio who then asked my Dr to give me a corticosteroid injection. After a few weeks had some manipulation and exercises and things slowly began to improve.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Have you tried Ibuprofen gel? Painkiller & antiinflammatory. You can get tube of it under generic name for £1 rather than costing arm and leg for neurofen
HI I went to the chemist over the weekend and the pharmacist recommended Ibuleve gel it cost me £5.95 was a bit shocked as it was only a small tube, I will try and get the one you have mentioned above I am not paying that again if there is a good alternative cheaper. Thank youvery much:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Ditto - it's magic stuff, that gel. I picked some up in Aldi recently for very little money at all, and it's fab.
Hi Snapsy I go to Aldi will look for some today thank you.

Reactions: 3 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Unfortunately the frozen shoulder didn't happen immediately, It slowly crept on. I thought at first I'd slept awkwardly or pulled a muscle. By the time I couldn't raise my arm, do my bra up or feel my little finger it was quite a while since my blood test. I still can't feel my little finger and it causes problems in playing the piano and the flute. I was sent to see a physio who then asked my Dr to give me a corticosteroid injection. After a few weeks had some manipulation and exercises and things slowly began to improve.
HI Trachet, I think my frozen shoulder has been creeping on for a bit as I too thought I had slept funny or pulled something. I am having trouble dressing and the pain went down to my hand as well, I will keep using the gel and see how it goes this week then off to docs if not improving.

S

Sable_Jan

HI I went to the chemist over the weekend and the pharmacist recommended Ibuleve gel it cost me £5.95 was a bit shocked as it was only a small tube, I will try and get the one you have mentioned above I am not paying that again if there is a good alternative cheaper. Thank youvery much:)
I've bought it in Home Bargains and B&M it's in a red box and just says Ibuprofen Gel

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
OH thanks for that I go in those shops weekly will try it.:)

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
I am awake at 5.30 Grrrr! :arghh:Next door had a row at 2am then a louder one at 3! :bigtears:I nearly called 101 to report it. :eek:I am going to write a letter to her. Why should their domestic problems keep interfering in my life? :grumpy:The girl that owns the house has such a loud shrieking voice. The swearing is awful. And it makes me on edge waiting for her next outburst/rant. :sour:When will she learn to grow up and discuss things. In the past she has lost it because a previous girlfriend didn't put her clothes away properly. :wideyed:
If she ever feels that a career in care is not for her I think she could make a packet being a bird scarer at an airport!:yuck:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I hate being late for anything 20 minutes late for work would make me upset the rest of the day....:) so shopping day again the pushing and soving of trolleys why they do not make them isles a one way system I will never know well I have an idea cos some people are back and forth after forgetting what they wnat in an isle...laughs

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am awake at 5.30 Grrrr! :arghh:Next door had a row at 2am then a louder one at 3! :bigtears:I nearly called 101 to report it. :eek:I am going to write a letter to her. Why should their domestic problems keep interfering in my life? :grumpy:The girl that owns the house has such a loud shrieking voice. The swearing is awful. And it makes me on edge waiting for her next outburst/rant. :sour:When will she learn to grow up and discuss things. In the past she has lost it because a previous girlfriend didn't put her clothes away properly. :wideyed:
If she ever feels that a career in care is not for her I think she could make a packet being a bird scarer at an airport!:yuck:
This is just my view, so please feel free to ignore it, but think very carefully before you put something in writing to her. Having a face-to-face row is no fun (and clearly she's the type who will turn any "difficult" conversation into an argument, no matter how tactful you are) but a letter is forever, and could provide a lasting cause of resentment that will re-surface every time you speak to each other.

Most councils have a team whose job is to deal with problem neighbours and it might be worth involving them - their powers are limited but it's worth a try: however, in the first instance they will probably ask you to keep a record of incidents, and to be honest, I'd recommend doing that come what may, if you haven't started doing so already. The bottom line is that you shouldn't have to put up with rubbish like this, but it may be easier to resolve if there's a third party acting as an intermediary.

I hope you can resolve this: we have occasional problems with one of our neighbours whose behaviour can be quite challenging (in my view, she is a borderline sociopath and is given to irrational outbursts of aggressive verbal behaviour). That's bad enough but at least she's not living the other side of a party wall from us....

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I worked in a chemist/pharmacy and the mark up prices were high. Try a supermarket or a bigger store (Boots) or use the their own brand. Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
This is just my view, so please feel free to ignore it, but think very carefully before you put something in writing to her. Having a face-to-face row is no fun (and clearly she's the type who will turn any "difficult" conversation into an argument, no matter how tactful you are) but a letter is forever, and could provide a lasting cause of resentment that will re-surface every time you speak to each other.

The only time I would confront her is if the neighbour the other side of her is equally as annoyed as I was. Her other neighbour and I get on well and I know he gets fed up with her.
A few years ago she put a note threw my door complaining that I parked too close to her car. She stood and watched me as previously she had accused me of nudging her car and using other cars bumpers to help me park. Although she was staring at me whilst I parked I didn't hit either car in front or behind. :p This 2 page letter was such a rant. It ended with the sentence - from your quiet and considerate neighbour! :***: If she thinks she is that I'd hate to know what she would do if she was unhinged!:confused:

Reactions: 7 people