The SCREAM thread

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Good scream @poohtiggy WH smiths are making record profits after selling so many colouring books ...
Fortunatly I buy mine from a local mill shop at half price, never go in W H Smiths so they didn't make a profit from me :)

Reactions: 6 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tuesday this week I got my half year water bill, they reckon I used 50 units more than I had done (water meter) The reader had entered my home stuck his head in the cupboard and 'read' my meter. The first number was & still is a 5 he put it down as an 8 so they put my payments up by £25 I rang & explained “I'm so sorry about this madam, rest assured I have corrected your account & your payment hasn't changed“ I asked for a new bill with correct reading & payments in writing. DA DA the new bill arrived today.....an exact copy of the first one aaarrrrgggghhhh :arghh::arghh::arghh::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: My call to them on Tuesday took 16 minutes My call today took 20 minutes ......thirty six minutes extra on my phone bill for their mistake x two because it was an 08345 number arghargharghargharghargh s c r e a m!!!!!

K

Kat100

Tuesday this week I got my half year water bill, they reckon I used 50 units more than I had done (water meter) The reader had entered my home stuck his head in the cupboard and 'read' my meter. The first number was & still is a 5 he put it down as an 8 so they put my payments up by £25 I rang & explained “I'm so sorry about this madam, rest assured I have corrected your account & your payment hasn't changed“ I asked for a new bill with correct reading & payments in writing. DA DA the new bill arrived today.....an exact copy of the first one aaarrrrgggghhhh :arghh::arghh::arghh::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: My call to them on Tuesday took 16 minutes My call today took 20 minutes ......thirty six minutes extra on my phone bill for their mistake x two because it was an 08345 number arghargharghargharghargh s c r e a m!!!!!
It's not right ... No

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Had a minor urge to sort what has needed sorting for a 'while'. Found Bligh's cool bed had gone wet and mouldy, luckily the stool it was on top of had its plastic protector on; mice of some 18months back had used two of my drawers for toileting purposes but again luckily, the things were in plastic bags..two of which semi eaten cos they're the degradable kind....contents emptied , drawers hoovered, still need to be antibacterial sprayed and the whole set of drawers pulling out...
Did bit more hoovering and sorting in my bedroom....back started SCREAMING at me so game over.
I add that those drawers are just storage in spare room...the sort of stuff you don't need but can't chuck, hence the not knowing of mousies mischief until now

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Had a minor urge to sort what has needed sorting for a 'while'. Found Bligh's cool bed had gone wet and mouldy, luckily the stool it was on top of had its plastic protector on; mice of some 18months back had used two of my drawers for toileting purposes but again luckily, the things were in plastic bags..two of which semi eaten cos they're the degradable kind....contents emptied , drawers hoovered, still need to be antibacterial sprayed and the whole set of drawers pulling out...
Did bit more hoovering and sorting in my bedroom....back started SCREAMING at me so game over.
I add that those drawers are just storage in spare room...the sort of stuff you don't need but can't chuck, hence the not knowing of mousies mischief until now
Nothing quite like a good old sort out did mine a while back, threw some stuff kept some & the rest went to charity shop. Shame your back stopped you but should you be pulling drawers out if your back isn't good?;)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have just had the nicest fish I had in a long time, it was Youngs Chip Shop Cod in bubbly batter and was just like a chippy fish only the batter was crunchy mmm really good, ( best cooked on a wire rack over a roasting tin) & I made my own oven chips, all six :hungry: only problem is my smoke alarm went off everytime I opened the oven door and inside the oven now needs blitzing it's a real mess. I don't often have fish & chips but needed some comfort food and it really hit the spot

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Nothing quite like a good old sort out did mine a while back, threw some stuff kept some & the rest went to charity shop. Shame your back stopped you but should you be pulling drawers out if your back isn't good?;)
Only lightweight ones. Cheap flatpack stuff, not your good old fashioned ones.
The hoovering was the killer....

K

Kat100

Screaming .. About the heating on in shops ..
It's to hot .. Far to hot for me ..
Yes staff are in summer clothes .. Shoppers me , feeling awful , very hot .. While the heating is turned up ..
Seems they have money to spend on heating ..
Marks heating .. I found out is controlled nationally from Scotland ..
To hot to cold , no wonder we get flu coughs and cold this time of year .. :eek:

Reactions: 7 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes staff are in summer clothes .. Shoppers me , feeling awful , very hot .. While the heating is turned up ..
To hot to cold , no wonder we get flu coughs and cold this time of year .. :eek:
I had moan about this too Kat in Tesco, there's is also controlled nationally and the store are unable to lower the temperature, it's crazy and we customers are footing the bill. I also complained about the chillers and freezers, I walk down those isles and it's like being on top of Snowdonia. I can never find a plant in bud they are all fully open so don't last long because of the heat. Then the mushrooms are always grey/brown manky it takes warmth to grow them and supermarkets then put them on far too cold chillers absolutely stupid and a lot of food is wasted aarrrgh:mad:

S

Sable_Jan

Was pleasantly heated (or not) in Sainsbury's. Not too hot with average thickness coat on.

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
The last couple of times I've been into M&S the first thing I've had to do is take my coat and cardigan off, it's so hot in there for me.

Reactions: 8 people

oldsurveyor

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
AaaaARGH!
Embarrassing moment at the cafe this morning....
I ate a biscuit with ham egg and cheese.
Plenty of protein for that little bit of carb right?
WRONG
about 20 minutes after eating and three or four cups of coffee later I'm passing out in my seat like a drunk at the pancake house at 4am!
I finally mustered up enough strength to go out to the truck and lay down and sleep for about 20 minutes.
A good friend came out to check on me and I couldn't even make a coherent sentence just gave a thumbs up sign.
I slept from 10:30-11:00 in the parking lot and finally felt good enough to drive home.
I'm so aggravated.
I got good rest last night from 10pm till 7am and felt fine all morning till I ate that biscuit.
There shouldn't be more than 55g of carbs in that biscuit and I hadn't eaten anything since 7pm the night before so with the protein of the eggs and ham and cheese I should have been fine.
Seems like everything is getting worse instead of better.
I'm sure all of my friends think I'm some kind of weird drunk.
Embarrassing

Reactions: 2 people

Anaelena

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That sounds like it's probably a lot and I guess the 6k is what we call "excess"....you pay the first $6k on any illness?
Sounds like you are in the situation we were for benefits when the kids were little...we earned just a few pounds too much to get anything..but could barely afford to buy food and pay all the bills
Hope things improve for you x

Yes, it is 667.51 euro a month plus 5,390.40 euro per year. I converted that :) It is so frustrating for me . Yes we have to pay the 6k before the insurance pays and the monthly payment is not included.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AaaaARGH!
WRONG
about 20 minutes after eating and three or four cups of coffee later I'm passing out in my seat like a drunk at the pancake house at 4am!
I finally mustered up enough strength to go out to the truck and lay down and sleep for about 20 minutes.
A good friend came out to check on me and I couldn't even make a coherent sentence just gave a thumbs up sign.
I slept from 10:30-11:00 in the parking lot and finally felt good enough to drive home.
I'm so aggravated.
I got good rest last night from 10pm till 7am and felt fine all morning till I ate that biscuit.
There shouldn't be more than 55g of carbs in that biscuit and I hadn't eaten anything since 7pm the night before so with the protein of the eggs and ham and cheese I should have been fine.
Embarrassing

You need a new T Shirt :D

iu

S

Sable_Jan

AaaaARGH!
WRONG
I'm so aggravated.
Embarrassing
Have you had a good check up at the docs? As I recall you hadn't been officially diagnosed. May be that those 55gs or so of carbs is still too much. Did you say you have a meter? Don't remember that bit, so you can at least be sure it is your blood sugar levels. Take care of yourself, esp driving a truck x