Think I have type 2 diabetes

Kazor13

In the last week or so I have started to experience eye strains and today a fire style sensation particularly in my left eye. I have dry scalp and sometimes flakey skin on my face both of which I've had for a while.

I have booked in for a eye test on Thursday but think I might need to see a GP tomorrow (today as its midnight) to get my blood test.

I really started to notice the eye strains and weirdness in terms of vision 5 days ago when I consumed a lot of sugar. Went on a low carb diet and practically no sugar since and found symptoms lessened but feeling the sensations in my eyes tonight.

Any ideas if these symptoms match? I weight about 16st. 5ft 8. Used to be 22st and got it down to 13st a few years ago.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you experience any other symptoms like blurry vision, thirst, tingling fingers, nausea, feeling weak/faint, frequent toilet use, headaches, stomach pain, vomiting, fruity smelling breath, rapid breathing? Otherwise this doesn't really sound like diabetes to me.

Kazor13

No thrust symptoms. Only if I was to consume a lot of sugar would I yearn to gulp water but normally no. No frequent urination at all. I have glasses so without its blurry but that's because my eye balls are a rounder shape than normal I was told. As I said in recent days iv started to experience the eye strains and what feels like vision issues with glasses but not hugely noticeable.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be anything. Doesn't shout diabetes to me though, but a blood test never hurts. Please Let us know how you get on!

Kazor13

I did order a diabetes kit online which should arrive on thursday. If it just wasn't my eyes I think I'd be fine even with the dry scalp and sometimes flakey skin on my face. What is the biggest sign for type 2 diabetes?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We cannot diagnose you, we are not doctors. I suggest you see your GP with a view to being given the appropriate tests.
Dry skin, flakey scalp could be a simple case of hydration or your choices in soaps/detergents. Blurry vision should be checked by an optician and if problems are found he/she will refer you back to your GP.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The flakey skin could be anything from not drinking enough, to hypothyroidism... Diabetes doesn't immediately come to mind though. But I hope you'll get your answers soon!