Think I'm being thrown out of the Club?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Exactly what I thought reading your post!! I agree with previous posts to question this.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
My sneaky suspicion is they just copied my previous one in an attempt to distract from the earlier ones... but then that would be very sceptical of me wouldn't it?:angelic:
Given your description of what's happened so far, I think you've got reason for skepticism.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update:
Spoke with the Practice Manager today (who I happen to know). She was horrified to hear of the 'fictitious ' result added to my record and has deleted it.
However it turns out I never had a definite diagnosis of diabetes as I only had level of 53 then 44 so I was labelled "prediabetes resolved" which doesn't warrant any regular checks or screening or flags on the system etc.
It's just like it never happened... in their books.

It's obvious the DN is not interested and is doing her utmost to not have me as a patient. Having met her once, I'm quite happy not to have to see her again, but I would like to be in the system seeing someone different.

The Practice Manager has added a note to my records to say I'm to have a Hba1c at least once a year. I just have to ring to request it. But she cannot put me forward for the retinal screening as that is triggered by a diagnosis in the system, and I don't have that, and won't get it as neither GP thought my levels at the time were severe enough.(even though they frightened me silly in their phone calls!)

This afternoon I was just grateful that she got the erroneous record removed, and added the note about the annual HBa1c but am left pretty much in the same situation I was before.
I am officially not diabetic.
Someone better tell my meter!

Oh, and we better stop telling newbies to go low carb straight away. Best they get 2 good, high hba1c results first to make sure they are in the system and supported.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, and we better stop telling newbies to go low carb straight away. Best they get 2 good, high hba1c results first to make sure they are in the system and supported.
Good idea, and get the result in writing signed by the GP and not the receptionist.

Reading all these tales of woe about the NHS in the UK, makes me even more grateful for the public health system here in Australia.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update:
Spoke with the Practice Manager today (who I happen to know). She was horrified to hear of the 'fictitious ' result added to my record and has deleted it.
However it turns out I never had a definite diagnosis of diabetes as I only had level of 53 then 44 so I was labelled "prediabetes resolved" which doesn't warrant any regular checks or screening or flags on the system etc.
It's just like it never happened... in their books.

It's obvious the DN is not interested and is doing her utmost to not have me as a patient. Having met her once, I'm quite happy not to have to see her again, but I would like to be in the system seeing someone different.

The Practice Manager has added a note to my records to say I'm to have a Hba1c at least once a year. I just have to ring to request it. But she cannot put me forward for the retinal screening as that is triggered by a diagnosis in the system, and I don't have that, and won't get it as neither GP thought my levels at the time were severe enough.(even though they frightened me silly in their phone calls!)

This afternoon I was just grateful that she got the erroneous record removed, and added the note about the annual HBa1c but am left pretty much in the same situation I was before.
I am officially not diabetic.
Someone better tell my meter!

Sorry I can’t recall if this might apply to you but if you also had a fasting bgl that was over 7 or had symptoms that’s all you need according to NICE. Whilst two hba1c is usual it’s not essential.

and whilst you shouldn’t have to do it this way for piece of mind you can get eyeball photos done at opticians above and beyond the usual eyesight check that should provide reassurance. It will cost though.

Reactions: EllieM

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update:
Saw my eye surgeon today for first time since covid, and first time since diabetes diagnosis (I have genetic eye problems unconnected with diabetes and have been seeing him regularly for over 7 years now)
Was like seeing an old, supportive friend. He was very interested in the diabetes, remission and weight loss ( well I was over 3 stone heavier last time, it is rather noticeable)
After reassuring me my eyes haven't changed, and that the blurriness when first low carbing was natural and to be expected, he then, unprompted and unasked, said he would write to GP insisting that I receive regular diabetic retinopathy screening!
I was flabbergasted and grateful in equal amounts.
Hopefully this will produce results, and the timing might be right as our GP practice is being taken over from 1st January and maybe the new doctors will take a different view than the old crew, most of whom are having to reapply for their jobs.
Fingers crossed.
Oh, and he did categorically state that keeping bg low does mean there is virtually no chance of developing eye damage, so that's motivation renewed

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That sounds very positive. I'm really pleased for you, and hope your new gp is better than the old one.

Reactions: MrsA2