"Think like a pancreas " ?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Think like a pancreas " is it a book worth reading for Type 2 diabetics ?

or can you recomend other books to read for type 2 diabetics , (and why ?)

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic it might be worth looking at ink like a pancreas, although some of the content may not apply to a type 2 diabetic.

If you are treating your diabetes with oral medication or by diet then you have functioning pancreas and you don't have to do the thinking for your pancreas so the book think like a pancreas will contain a lot of information that doesn't apply to you. Think like a pancreases is about how to manage type 1 diabetes on a basal/bolus insulin regime.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic it might be worth looking at ink like a pancreas, although some of the content may not apply to a type 2 diabetic.

If you are treating your diabetes with oral medication or by diet then you have functioning pancreas and you don't have to do the thinking for your pancreas so the book think like a pancreas will contain a lot of information that doesn't apply to you. Think like a pancreases is about how to manage type 1 diabetes on a basal/bolus insulin regime.

thanks for your informative answer, then I´ll wait untill and if I am unlucky to have that problem too.. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
"Think like a pancreas " is it a book worth reading for Type 2 diabetics ?

Probably not for bg management, but if you want to broaden your knowledge of type 1 diabetes and how it is managed then there's no better book :)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a superb book for anyone with diabetes, though perhaps slanted more to those who take insulin (T1s or T2s). There's a vast amount of information presented in a logical and accessible manner, and leavened with quite a bit of humour.
I bought it in June (2019) after starting on insulin. I've read it all and keep dipping back into it as there's so much useful information to absorb.