This 600kcal thing

Kenny

NewdestinyX said:
And ALL fat burned off LIVER and PANCREAS in just SEVEN DAYS?!?!?!??!?!
When I said 'All fat' I meant 'all excess fat'. That is to say that the fat content of the liver and pancreas returned to normal levels, same as the control group. Insulin production of the pancreas shot up after 7 days to near normal levels, and continued to rise gradually during the rest of the 8 weeks.

I think it's important to get BMI down to normal range to get a full and lasting cure, so when this 8 week thing is finished I will continue with calorie restriction until I get to my target weight of 76Kg. But the major restoration takes place in 7 days. Yup.. 7 days.

ernie100

Hi I am just getting ready to start but for some reason cannot buy Optifast on e bay.....it will not ship....has anyone else had problems like this....it looks as though I will have to try optislim....anyone have any experience or knowledge of it?
Thanks
David

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
NewdestinyX said:
And ALL fat burned off LIVER and PANCREAS in just SEVEN DAYS?!?!?!??!?!
When I said 'All fat' I meant 'all excess fat'. That is to say that the fat content of the liver and pancreas returned to normal levels, same as the control group. Insulin production of the pancreas shot up after 7 days to near normal levels, and continued to rise gradually during the rest of the 8 weeks.
Understood. Thanks, Kenny.

I think it's important to get BMI down to normal range to get a full and lasting cure,
Yes - for 80% of us T2's that is indeed the issue - muscle insulin resistance because of belly fat. Insulin can't take glucose into cells for energy.

But the major restoration takes place in 7 days. Yup.. 7 days.
Fantastic... Thanks, Kenny!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
ernie100
Hi I am just getting ready to start but for some reason cannot buy Optifast on e bay.....it will not ship....has anyone else had problems like this....it looks as though I will have to try optislim....anyone have any experience or knowledge of it?
Thanks
David

Patch is using Optislim (Lyods chemists) Much the same thing just taste
info
you can get Optifast from Germany eg; ebay Item number: 260790969502
or this one below
http://www.lifepluspharmacy.com/pro...hake_Sachets__54g_(_8_)?currency=GBP&aid=GBUK

Kenny why you using Herbalife can you not get hold of Optifast or is it just a cost thing
As Optifast & Optislim seem to have all vit and min inc ?
Nice to know you feet feel bit better

Bob

Kenny

I'm using herbalife because I decided to try the diet before I actually read the paper to find out what diet they were following. And my wife knows a herbalife distributor. Man, I can't stand the herbalife shake... I hope this feeling doesn't last, coz it was very expensive.

bowell

Dislikes
Arr i see

Could you add some flavors to them like strawberry or vanilla essence No Kcal just flavor :?:

Bob

bowell

Dislikes
Herblife has an interesting history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbalife

From Herblife UK
Ref:http://products.herbalife.co.uk/formula-1

Sold as Multi-level marketing (pyramid selling)

Calorie restricted: contains less than 220 calories per shake to make it easy to manage daily calorie intake.
• Contains a balanced combination of soy protein and plant based carbohydrates that can help you feel fuller for longer and sustain your energy levels as part of a weight management or healthy nutrition programme.
• Contains soy: The inclusion of at least 25 grams of soy protein a day as part of a diet low in saturated fat can help you maintain healthy blood cholesterol levels.
• Contains soy protein which can help build and maintain lean muscle mass as part of a fitness programme.
• Contains high levels of essential vitamins and minerals to help you reach your Recommended Daily Allowance.

Kenny

I couldn't stand to eat a shake this morning. I carefully measured out some bran flakes with milk... about the same calories as the shake, but not much protein alas.

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
I couldn't stand to eat a shake this morning. I carefully measured out some bran flakes with milk... about the same calories as the shake, but not much protein alas.
Don't feel bad, Kenny. I had the same aversion to the Herbalife shakes after the first few days and then for some reason I was able to go back to them. But on regular Herbalife, you're not confined to 600kcal. And you eat a normal dinner each night. I can't imagine ONLY those shakes 3x a day. And are u drinking the vanilla? They were horrible. Only the chocolate flavor worked for me.

bowell

Dislikes
Do you not have the any of the meal replacement Bars ?
I found them a relief from the shakes

Kenny

Yeah, I've got vanilla lol! I actually managed to get a shake down me today. That was lunch! It was made a little better and more palatable by using soy milk instead of dairy.

bowell

Dislikes
Study Recipes
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/assets/documents/StudyRecipes.pdf

Have you seen this Kenny? You could make some soup and take to work in a flask ?
Also the list of yes and NO GO foods

Also you mix OPTIFAST with water not milk ?

Add one sachet of OPTIFAST VLCD to 200mL of cold or warm water.
enjoy a smooth, delicious and satisfying fruit smoothie by adding one serve of fruit (e.g. 200g berries) and mixing in a blender.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been mixing the Optislim with water.

might be different for Herbalife?

bowell

Dislikes
Put a smile on your face

[youtube]2qyTaTfuvJg[/youtube]

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
Yeah, I've got vanilla lol! I actually managed to get a shake down me today. That was lunch! It was made a little better and more palatable by using soy milk instead of dairy.
OH MY!!!!!! YUCK!! No wonder!! PLEEEEASE do yourself a FAVOR and get ONLY the chocolate ones. The difference is LIGHT YEARS APART!! You'll think you've 'died' and gone to heaven when you get the chocolate Herbalife -- with 2% milk... The Herbalife is meant to be mixed with milk - and not water like the Optifast.

You will 'not' survive '4 weeks', Kenny, with the Vanilla Herbalife... Trust me.. :shock: :mrgreen: -- the chocolate -- yes-- you'll make it.. Are you allowed some cauliflower? You can mix that with some black pepper or other spice you like and it can be very satisfying too on a nearly all liquid diet. I don't think it would mess up your progress either..

CHOCOLATE -- mate!!!!!! TRUST ME! :lol:

Kenny

Thanks for the advice, buddy. I'll contact my distributor. Re other stuff, I absolutely ADORE green olives and red peppers and mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, all stuff that is allowed on this diet. I tell you, I could live quite happily on salads, and the calorie restriction makes those healthy foods taste even better. Now if I could only drive past a McDonald's without shaking and breaking out into a cold sweat and hearing voices in my ear saying "you WILL eat a Big Mac and go large".

bowell

Dislikes
Remember stay away from the light :D Kenny

[youtube]wZMZdQzoQgo[/youtube]

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
Thanks for the advice, buddy. I'll contact my distributor. Re other stuff, I absolutely ADORE green olives and red peppers and mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, all stuff that is allowed on this diet. I tell you, I could live quite happily on salads, and the calorie restriction makes those healthy foods taste even better. Now if I could only drive past a McDonald's without shaking and breaking out into a cold sweat and hearing voices in my ear saying "you WILL eat a Big Mac and go large".
AFter an extended liquid diet a BIG MAC and going LARGE would make you violently ill and you couldn't even keep it down. In fact I knew of a person that tried going back to their 'old way' too quickly after a fasting diet -- and it killed their joy for McDonald's ever again. Maybe you should do EXACTLY that. One good 'puke' of a dinner like that and you'll be changed forever.. kind of a 'reverse psychology' wouldn't you say??? :lol:

I'm glad you LOVE veggies -- I do NOT. Never have. And they're harder to digest than most foods and with my acid reflux it's made it hard eating better. But compared to two years ago - if I don't have a green salad (Caesar, no croutons w/lots of Parmesan or Greek with lots of Feta, no olives) I get pretty cranky. I've come a LONG way!!! How does today feel? Could you cram down another couple of vanilla shakes?