This has NOTHING to do with Diabetes......

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I'd like Holland to win but not if they get subsumed by the dark side like they did in the final four years ago.

Purely from a "because I got them in the sweep" point of view I'd like to see Germany win it, it's been a great World Cup and hopefully the remaining games will be cracking.

I was gutted for Switzerland last night, they were under the cosh throughout the second half and did remarkably well to keep Argentina out and was so pleased when the full-time whistle blew. The first half of the extra time they had Argentina on the back-foot and all looked promising, had they held out I was sure they'd win on penalties, such as shame but thoroughly enjoyed the game :)

I would have liked to have seen Switzerland win yesterday although I didn't really enjoy the game, both teams' gameplan seemed to centre around Messi, I also think the Swiss would have won the penalty shootout

Reactions: 3 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@zand Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request, rumours are that he wants to come to West Ham, any inside news???

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zand Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request, rumours are that he wants to come to West Ham, any inside news???
lol afraid not...The way I feel about LUFC at the moment I say 'good luck' to him, I'd like to see him play next season, so West Ham would suit me fine.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would have liked to have seen Switzerland win yesterday although I didn't really enjoy the game, both teams' gameplan seemed to centre around Messi, I also think the Swiss would have won the penalty shootout

So much expectations on his shoulders, pleased you to thought that the Swiss would have won had it come down to penalties :)

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So much expectations on his shoulders, pleased you to thought that the Swiss would have won had it come down to penalties :)

Argentina have been far from convincing for me (the same with Brazil!), I thought that the Swiss as a team seemed far more focused but didn't perhaps have the technical ability to outwit Argentina. Also the Swiss keeper is apparently one of the best penalty stoppers in the world!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Argentina have been far from convincing for me (the same with Brazil!), I thought that the Swiss as a team seemed far more focused but didn't perhaps have the technical ability to outwit Argentina. Also the Swiss keeper is apparently one of the best penalty stoppers in the world!

Have to agree with you there.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Only just heard on the news that Murray is out, no interest in tennis but such a shame for the lad.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lol afraid not...The way I feel about LUFC at the moment I say 'good luck' to him, I'd like to see him play next season, so West Ham would suit me fine.

The squad are apparently being told to bring packed lunch to training and they're having to wash their own kit :wideyed:

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now if only I lived closer....I would wash their kit for them. I like washing kit.

My wife used to hate washing the kit, but if I didn't bring it home it wouldn't get washed, I'm far more liberated now, I'd be able to do it myself these days :D

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
When will they stop ?

upload_2014-7-3_14-18-47.png

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand that the Spanish want a bit(e) of him now. - don't moan I try my best! ;)

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So now we know who the semi finalists are. I have to be honest, I'm very disappointed in the Dutch, they started this tournament so positively beating the European and world champions 5-1, and now they've resorted to what appear to be petulant tactics. And Arjen Robben clearly has a serious illness, the poor fella can barely stand up.......

Reactions: 5 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Ok you knew it was coming
Im getting used to this.
Not the greatest match
But

HUP HUP HOLLAND :mad: :D :meh: :) :) :)

2 to go, then I'm gonna go ballistic ????

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I still yearn after the 'good ole days' when teams did go out to play and actually play to win, I know not all, and European tactics are different to South American etc,,............. but I do hope we are in for a cracking final with lots of goals (well more than 1 or 2 anyway):p

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is just brilliant
(it probably makes more sense if you've seen "Charlie Bit My Finger" on YouTube)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Germany 4 - 0 up in 25 mins, who could have predicted that!!!!!!