THIS IS MY FIRST POST BUT IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG ONE.......

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Debandez I'm shocked at how type 2 is dealt with following diagnosis knowing what I know now. Apparently I'm the ONLY person who has come through the door armed with books, newspaper articles, recordings of my BG readings. My DN was my mum's DN for years and my mum passed away 11 years ago! I CAN'T believe I'm the ONLY one that has been proactive in trying to reverse diabetes. It made me sad.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
She wanted to put me straight on metformin but I've asked her to bear with me for 3 months whilst I change my diet and exercise. My morning bloods usually aroubd 4.4. If I stick to LC my bloods stay around 5.5 2 hours after my meal. And if I add a slice if wholemeal it goes up to about 7.6. I know I'm still diabetic but I'm working on it like there is no tomorrow!!!

Reactions: LadyLovely

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm testing everything now to see exactly how my body deals with different foods and it's really helping my understand. Thank you to everyone on here for all your help and guidance.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She wanted to put me straight on metformin but I've asked her to bear with me for 3 months whilst I change my diet and exercise. My morning bloods usually aroubd 4.4. If I stick to LC my bloods stay around 5.5 2 hours after my meal. And if I add a slice if wholemeal it goes up to about 7.6. I know I'm still diabetic but I'm working on it like there is no tomorrow!!!
Hi @Debandez - just want to say those are great readings (I have fasting bg envy!) and in such a short time too - your hard work is really paying off, well done!

Reactions: Debandez

cocobee.2017

I miss my mum too and my brother, both had Type 2 and after I lost them I also lost my slimmer body + sleep that led me to now obese + preD