Those who tried Pods and Regular Pumps, which do you prefer?

andrzejLKS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently on MDI, and testing out the Omnipod Dash Pod Experience Kit as I am interested in going off of MDI as it would be best for me, I would say.

Two negatives of the Omnipod Dash is that it isn't a closed loop hybrid system and you are required to hold a PDM, rather than an app, making me have to carry around another piece of equipment. My hospital does not yet offer the Omnipod 5, until mid/late 2023.

My hospital offers the Medtronic 780G and the t-slim, which I have both researched.

Those who tested both pod and pump, what did you prefer?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have used tubed and tubeless pumps but never omnipod (it is not the only tubeless pump)..
My concern with the tubed pump was the size and inability to hide it. I felt my diabetes was on show
My tubeless pump is smaller, more discrete and controlled via a phone app.
However, I cannot disconnect and reconnect it. And the area attached to my body is larger.

If I have a choice next time, I will go tubeless again.

Reactions: jules25

cumbria-pumper

Should probably post this on the pump forum! But … had OmniPod, switched to Medtronic 780G. 2 reasons for the change: hybrid loop system and OmniPod on body is uncomfortable to sleep on and in some ways more limiting for sites. I miss the tubelessness (sic) but so far happy with the choice. You won’t regret either.