JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Jim Lahey It is good that you are making the best use of the time you have left.

Live long and prosper.

Reactions: zand

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With the revelation that I’m apparently going to be dead by the end of the week, I’ve started doing all three simultaneously. Saves time.

Frankly, I'd be giving up at least one of those immediately, and concentrating on the other two, were time that short.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As Bluebottle used to quote: "You rotten swine, you "deaded" me"
Quite frankly, now that our government has signed up to legislating in the EAT Lancet diet, I may as well be DED too. I have lost all hope for this planet now. It is not what I planned for my retirement, but hey ho I don't give a tuppeny work (to use terminology approved by the Moderators - well, one at least.) At least I had a reasonable innings while it lasted.

Edited by Mod for clarity

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Evie-D

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
LC method is effective by the persons on prediabetic and the persons on the beginning for DM T2.

I was diagnosed type II in 1997 and when I asked if I should cut my carb intake (type I relatives always counting carbs) I was told in no uncertain terms not to cut my carb intake.

In 2013 I lowered my carb intake to < 50 gms a day in an effort to lose weight, I lost weight and stopped taking Gliclazide, Januvia and Atorvastatin, basically because I didn't need them to keep my BG and total cholesterol where my GP was happy. So low carb is effective for more people than you suggest. I'm not the only one who was type II for many years before trying low carb.