Throwing up bile

Claire2332

Has any one else experienced this and is it something I should get looked at? I am type 1 and woke up at around 5am feeling a little sick next thing am throwing up bile! Managed to go back to bed but still feel a little sick, I don't have ketones either

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Hello Claire,

I sometimes have this bright yellow bile after having consumed alcohol the previous night. This is the only time this happens and I think it may that I am compelled to vomit as my pancreas has a hard time processing the toxin and this speeds things up.
This is based only on my own personal experience and I am not suggesting you consumed alcohol or make any personal remarks. I hope this helps? I don't think, in my case, it's harmful as I am aware of the cause and I'm fine afterwards.

Mart.

Claire2332

Thanks no alcohol consumed to be honest I don't really drink and of I do I only have low alcohol larger and prob have a max of 2 bottles (I am a bit boring) I have just re tested my self and I know have ketones at 2.3 and 21mmol I've had a dose of fat acting insulin to see if this helps really hope I am not going DKA!!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Your body has just shed some of the toxins in the quickest way possible. Your body should be stabilising right now.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Claire2332 said:
Has any one else experienced this and is it something I should get looked at? I am type 1 and woke up at around 5am feeling a little sick next thing am throwing up bile! Managed to go back to bed but still feel a little sick, I don't have ketones either

Claire .
If you continue to still be sick - vomiting etc...
Please see your GP to be on the safe side .
With no achohol in your system its clearly going to be something else .
It may possibly be a bug or virus thing or food intolerance thing ?
[I had food posioning once and threw up bile ]
Took me 2 weeks to recover and my BG levels went skywards with it all .

See your GP to be safe rather than sorry :thumbup:
Let us all know how things go too .

Anna.

Claire2332

Breathing got heavier sick feeling got worse and ketones stayed around I have just got back from A&E were they put me on a drip for 2 hours to get fluids in my system ketones have gone BG have gone lower and sick feeling gone so all good thanks for words of advice

weeezer

Claire you poor thing, I had exactly the same thing following gastroenteritis 10 years ago, I was not as diabetes savvy as I am now and hadnt tested my bgl, also had no insulin on board (I thought if I was throwing everything up I didn't need insulin! And nhs helpline agreed, awful I now realise) so ended up feeling very ill indeed. Didnt know to check for ketones, in fact had no sticks anyway! Was throwing up green bile and breathing got very laboured. Yuk.

Ended up being carted off to hosp. Didnt really realise it was DKA til ages later.

Ketones can make you feel like you're dying when they start to cause ketoacidosis, and they can take hold fast. I'm so glad to hear you got some insulin in & a&e sorted you out. Bet you're worn out now. Take it easy!