Type 1 Thrush

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So apparently it can be common for diabetics to get this, there's always something new. Blood test for leg pains and a possible circumcision. Never a dull moment with this :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So apparently it can be common for diabetics to get this, there's always something new. Blood test for leg pains and a possible circumcision. Never a dull moment with this :)

Have you tried Diflucan @joshluck ? It's a tablet not a cream and can be very effective.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @joshluck, like many things, it's linked to glucose level management. The more you keep them in a more normal range, the less you are likely to suffer from Thrush.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Had it regularly until I was diagnosed- a month down the line my sugars are much lower and hey presto the thrush has flown :)

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm asking, I haven't urinated for a day because of the pain, just was hoping people new something better to clear it, it doesn't really help that I have never been able to pull my foreskin back.

Streety

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi Joshluck, it does sound like you need an adult circ. Not the most pleasant to contemplate but a bag of frozen peas will help.
It's important to be able to get in there to clean and, while really low statistically, will reduce cancer.

While I don't own a penis, this is a mum of 3 boys writing.

I know a couple of young lads that had to get it done and they've gone on to thrive. Pleased they did it.

It's not that typical to be unable or unwilling to urinate when you have thrush. Has a Dr confirmed this as it may be a urinary tract infection (UTI). Unusual in young men but very common in women. Antibiotics will be required.

If it is thrush, a diflucan or canestan tablet from the chemist should clear things up. If that doesn't nail it, ask your Dr about flucanozole. My endo prescribed this when I had a nasty infection due to my medication.

Whenever you have antibiotics, make sure you follow up with a probiotic tablet everyday for a month afterward to build up the healthy bacteria in your gut that fight thrush as antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria.

good luck and yes, it is a pisser to have one more thing to worry about.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pain on urination doesn't sound like thrush. It sounds like a uti. See your GP for a diagnosis, and treatment whatever it is.

High blood sugar is a cause of thrush, candidia feed off sugar and if you're peeing out sugar it's going to be difficult to get rid of thrush. Getting your blood sugar in range, of at least under 10, will help.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm asking, I haven't urinated for a day because of the pain, just was hoping people new something better to clear it, it doesn't really help that I have never been able to pull my foreskin back.

Definitely see your doctor. You may have both thrush and a urinary infection.

Give your doctor a call as soon as they open. If you can't urinate at all, that's an emergency and needs urgent attention.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
sounds awfull must be very painfull i do hope you get this sorted and are soon back to normal