Prediabetes Thrush

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
was told i am pre diabetic results below, it was 41 but since i put weight on it's gone to 45 and but had thrush symptoms for years but just can't get rid of it and have to use cream all the time. Anyone got any tips on what will help please ? i am trying to get my score below 40 if i can but all my family are diabetic so not looking good for me plus i have longs of other problem lungs prostate and many more.

Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 45 mmol/mol
An HbA1c of 48 mmol/mol is recommended
as the cut point for diagnosing diabetes
mellitus and is considered good control
for people with diabetes.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @andy40

I don't have much personal experience with thruish (one bout around 10 years ago), but I have a friend who used to get it regularly. She was diagnosed with Candida Albicans, and had to go on a 3 month very strict diet. Since yeasts feed on sugars, she had to cut all fruit and sugars, AND starchy carbs, and mushrooms and any blue cheeses, and stuff like that. It 'starved' the Candida until it went away. Basically she had been eating enough carb to supply the Candida with everything it needed to grow and grow and grow.

Please understand that this info is a couple of decades old, and the diet advice may have been superceded by much better quicker treatments.

What i can say is that my friend felt much better afterwards. It was kind of life changing, actually. The Candida had been affecting a great deal more than her yeasty girl parts. It affected her digestion, her concentration, her energy levels, skin, mouth and bowels.

So if you have a google for Candida, and yeast overgrowth, and even look into repopulating your digestive tract with healthy bacteria (like probiotics and acidophilus) that may give you some ideas. I am sure there is a lot of information out there on yeast overgrowth.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never had thrush but have had lots of other fungal bits since childhood athletes foot, jock rash etc.
Cut out almost all carbs... almost no fungus.. almost like magic.. I have two small patches left between my two smallest toes and that's it. I can only recommend getting your sugars down by drastic carb cutting for that is what worked for me.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also, do you have a sexual partner. Although not an STD per se, thrush can be pass back and forth. Your partner may not realise they have it but be repeatedly passing it back to you. Ask you partner to take a course of treatment too.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @andy40

I don't have much personal experience with thruish (one bout around 10 years ago), but I have a friend who used to get it regularly. She was diagnosed with Candida Albicans, and had to go on a 3 month very strict diet. Since yeasts feed on sugars, she had to cut all fruit and sugars, AND starchy carbs, and mushrooms and any blue cheeses, and stuff like that. It 'starved' the Candida until it went away. Basically she had been eating enough carb to supply the Candida with everything it needed to grow and grow and grow.

Please understand that this info is a couple of decades old, and the diet advice may have been superceded by much better quicker treatments.

What i can say is that my friend felt much better afterwards. It was kind of life changing, actually. The Candida had been affecting a great deal more than her yeasty girl parts. It affected her digestion, her concentration, her energy levels, skin, mouth and bowels.

So if you have a google for Candida, and yeast overgrowth, and even look into repopulating your digestive tract with healthy bacteria (like probiotics and acidophilus) that may give you some ideas. I am sure there is a lot of information out there on yeast overgrowth.

My doctor said it's Balanitis but had it years now on and off but lately it's all the time

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Never had thrush but have had lots of other fungal bits since childhood athletes foot, jock rash etc.
Cut out almost all carbs... almost no fungus.. almost like magic.. I have two small patches left between my two smallest toes and that's it. I can only recommend getting your sugars down by drastic carb cutting for that is what worked for me.

That sounds great mihgt givet that a try

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, do you have a sexual partner. Although not an STD per se, thrush can be pass back and forth. Your partner may not realise they have it but be repeatedly passing it back to you. Ask you partner to take a course of treatment too.

Been married for 36 years she never get's it only me which i also find strange, also forgot to say i am 80kgs but when i was 70kgs it went down to 41 but still got thrush :( really don't want to go back to 70kgs again all the weight loss ahd a big impact on my health, all because of acid reflux.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, not sure if you are in the UK but this is the info and suggested treatment and investigations suggested for a gp to do:
https://cks.nice.org.uk/balanitis#!scenario:1
In your circumstances I would go back to the gp each time if you feel they are being dismissive.
Yes in the UK i am going back but to be honest i am sick of going to doctors and hospitals

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Been to doctors today they give me Daktarin 2% Cream 30g but no mention that's it's for trush of the penis on the box ?

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Balanitis or balano-posthitis is fairly frequently blood sugar-height specific in males.
Blood sugar down = thrush gone.
Possibility for phimosis/paraphimosis exists.
Scrupulous hygiene, despite soreness.
Co-treatment for partner.
I will leave you to look up words as needed.
Treat with variety of topical anti-fungal creams, +/- steroid cream, oral anti-fungals such as fluconazole.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Balanitis or balano-posthitis is fairly frequently blood sugar-height specific in males.
Blood sugar down = thrush gone.
Possibility for phimosis/paraphimosis exists.
Scrupulous hygiene, despite soreness.
Co-treatment for partner.
I will leave you to look up words as needed.
Treat with variety of topical anti-fungal creams, +/- steroid cream, oral anti-fungals such as fluconazole.
Doctor give me Daktarin 2% Cream 30g but the package does not say it's for thrush ?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @andy40, I wouldn't worry that it doesn't say it's for thrush on the package, Miconazole is an anti-fungal used for lots of different things.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Been to doctors today they give me Daktarin 2% Cream 30g but no mention that's it's for trush of the penis on the box ?
Call pharmacy, if in doubt of wrong cream. :)

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Doctor give me Daktarin 2% Cream 30g but the package does not say it's for thrush ?
The cream is used all over the body for differing fungal (mycotic) infections - face, willy, bum, arm, etc.
I would get on and use it.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SOMETIMES drinking a spoonfull of apple cider vinegar morning and evening can help the body get a better PH-value , or a spoon full of unsweetened lemon juice 4 times a day in some water in between meals...

I once had a very bad case of thrush when I was very ill and unable to eat , where I had glucose into my veins... at that time I had some tablets to eat and after a weeks it was gone, I was at hospital and don´t remember what the medication was called

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
The cream is used all over the body for differing fungal (mycotic) infections - face, willy, bum, arm, etc.
I would get on and use it.
That made me chuckle when i read willy not sure why but thanks for the reply. will start using it.