Thyroid issues

lely

Hi guys, I posted a few weeks ago about joining slimming world.
The first week I lost 1.5lb. The second week put on 1.5lb and put on another 1lb this week.
Despite the only detour I've taken is 1 bottle of wine and lucozade to treat hypo's my husband has lost just over 1/2 stone with same meals and my daughter 6lb in the same time. my activity has increased from nothing to 2 gym sessions a week and 2 swim sessions a week in the past fortnight. I now believe it could be something else. Thyroid problems as this extra weight, over a stone has crept on since December, slow and steady.
Anyone else experience this kind of weight gain and been told they have under active thyroid. Am i just looking for an answer that's not there?

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
If I were you, I would ask your Doc to test for Thyroid - so you can either elimate that or start working on that.

My Doc tested me for thyroid after I did not lose any weight after being diagnosed although he could see from BS results that I should have lost.

Good luck ...

Reactions: 2 people

chewy22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi guys, I posted a few weeks ago about joining slimming world.
The first week I lost 1.5lb. The second week put on 1.5lb and put on another 1lb this week.
Despite the only detour I've taken is 1 bottle of wine and lucozade to treat hypo's my husband has lost just over 1/2 stone with same meals and my daughter 6lb in the same time. my activity has increased from nothing to 2 gym sessions a week and 2 swim sessions a week in the past fortnight. I now believe it could be something else. Thyroid problems as this extra weight, over a stone has crept on since December, slow and steady.
Anyone else experience this kind of weight gain and been told they have under active thyroid. Am i just looking for an answer that's not there?
I have the same problem started putting weight on around Christmas cut down on everything watched what I was eating. And last month told I had underactive thyroid. My blood sugars are still in 10,s - 13,s last week put on 2 giliazade in a morning and 1 half tea-time plus 3 500mg metformin sday and 2sitagliptin 25mg away. Just getting higher. Im waiting to see for an appointment with out diabetes clinic but there's a six weeks or waiting list. Ive never felt so low in my life except when my dad died 2014 and mum 2015. Sorry forgot to say I'm type 2

Sent from my E2105 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people