Thyroid Problems

lucyunited89

How high was your tsh level for your gp to put you on medication for hypothyroidism? Mine is 4.8. I am tired all the time and with the amount im eating and how low carb etc it is my dsn says i should be losing weight but im not and its obviously due to this. My gp says im only just borderline and i just need to do more exercise which i found insulting to be honest.

lucyunited89

How high was your tsh level for your gp to put you on medication for hypothyroidism? Mine is 4.8. I am tired all the time and with the amount im eating and how low carb etc it is my dsn says i should be losing weight but im not and its obviously due to this. My gp says im only just borderline and i just need to do more exercise which i found insulting to be honest.

lucyunited89

Oh and also im having hypos for no reason and my cholesterol hasnt come down from 5 even after changing my diet and doing more exercise. Ive seen since that both of these are also symptoms of hypothyroidism. When i mentioned all this to my gp he just said he doesnt know enough about diabetes to talk about it in relation. X

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has the gp checked T3 and T4 - better than TSH
My thyroid function test is frequently out but the endos say it has to be out 3x over several months before theyll prescribe anything - the third one always comes in borderline although my first two are always off

lucyunited89

Has the gp checked T3 and T4 - better than TSH
My thyroid function test is frequently out but the endos say it has to be out 3x over several months before theyll prescribe anything - the third one always comes in borderline although my first two are always off
I can see that t4 has been tested and is in range but cant see t3 anywhere. It says borderline hypothyroid as before but its never been mentioned to me before. They wanted to just do a repeat test in 12 months but i said i cant keep going with all these symptoms for that long so he said they will do one in 8 weeks instead. X