Tight foreskin and erection problems

Mintski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey i was wondering if anyone had the same issue as i have. Over the past few months my foreskin has got tight and i can not retract it. I also really struggle to get a erection now no matter what my partner does nothing works now. I am type 1 and im also taking gabapentin for nerve damage in my legs. I have spoken tk my GP twice about this and all they gave me was sildenafil in 25mg and 50mg and that did not even work.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has there been a change in the appearance of your foreskin?
Has the skin turned white, red or started to split?

Mintski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It splits sometimes when i attempt to pull it back its not really red. But ive noticed white bits when i pull the foreskin back a little

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suggest you go back to your GP and get a full examination.
How are your BS levels. Thrush is quite a common problem for diabetics whose sugars run high for to long, but what you describe sounds more than thrush.
Having had a similar problem that started earlier this year ( which I ignored for 6 months ) I’ve just had to have a circumcision.
Not diabetes related. Not getting problems like this can only lead to things getting worse.
An early diagnosis will only benefit you.

Mintski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For a period of time over the corona virus period when they was not seeing anyone face to face i did have a problem with my sugar levels because of the long lasting insulin they provided they gave me the wrong one and wrong information on it so they was running rather high ( high end of teens ) they have gradually come down now but because of that it has caused nerve damage in my legs and the gabapentin im on doesnt help with getting erections but its something i have to take to ease the pain in my legs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not a doctor and can’t comment on the medication your taking and it’s side affects.
Only my opinion but I feel there could be 2 separate issues.
The problem with the tight foreskin is most likely not directly related to your nerve damage issues.
Thrush, which I’ve suffered from in the past is extremely painful but can be dealt with relatively easily in most instances.
Phimosis and BXO are other conditions that are fairly common but need medical intervention.
Not getting the right treatment can only lead to the risks of increased pain/ discomfort and danger of infection.
I only hope your GP is prepared to treat your tight foreskin as well as your erection problem.

Mintski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mean I'm not in pain at all unless I'm trying to retract the foreskin which there is only slight discomfort but thank you for your answers I will push my doctor to see me and go from there

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey i was wondering if anyone had the same issue as i have. Over the past few months my foreskin has got tight and i can not retract it. I also really struggle to get a erection now no matter what my partner does nothing works now. I am type 1 and im also taking gabapentin for nerve damage in my legs. I have spoken tk my GP twice about this and all they gave me was sildenafil in 25mg and 50mg and that did not even work.
My husband (Multiple Screlosis and on Gabapentin) had this problem. He found that gentle daily application of olive oil helped to move the foreskin.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I suspect the connection between your diabetes and the phimosis is only indirectly linked. I think you need to insist that the GP refers you to the urology clinic for guidance or some surgery. The Blue pill will not help with the phimosis and could even cause some conflict?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband (Multiple Screlosis and on Gabapentin) had this problem. He found that gentle daily application of olive oil helped to move the foreskin.
I'm glad that this helped your husband!
But @Mintski , I wouldn't go try home remedies before having a doctor find out what the cause of this sudden change is. Like @therower said: Not getting the right treatment can only lead to the risks of increased pain/ discomfort and danger of infection.
I only hope your GP is prepared to treat your tight foreskin as well as your erection problem.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I mean I'm not in pain at all unless I'm trying to retract the foreskin which there is only slight discomfort but thank you for your answers I will push my doctor to see me and go from there
As others have said, it could be several things. My very first post 5 years ago was in answer to a thread about phimosis. I had this as a Type 1 when I was seven and the doctor gave me betnovate cream. I had to go there on my own!! The cream greatly helped, even though I was a poorly controlled diabetic at the time. The very best of luck.