1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Time Regulated Eating and sleep

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Yai, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Yai

Yai Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have just started eating in a smaller daily timeframe, initially 12 hours between meals, then 14 hours. I have no problem with hunger pangs, and positive results with blood glucose and weight, however, I lie awake for hours and hours. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel as though I should have a few carbs “ to help me sleep “ ( don’t know why I think this), but have resisted.

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

How long are you sleeping for?

3. Yai

Normal sleep for me would be 11pm to 7 am approx. Last night I was in bed for 1045, read about 30 mins, then lights out. Still awake 1230 am - up for the loo (boredom as much as anything). Resettled down. When I decided I just couldn’t sleep, admitted defeat and put the light on- 0320 am. Read until 4 am then finally slept, waking at 8am - feeling like a zombie. Luckily I no longer work, it’s cold outside, and I have a telly and a log fire ! Hate not sleeping though, and it has happened several times. Just wondered if there was any connection with revised eating habits.

4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I had a few months of only 6 hours sleep nightly over the summer.. but since the winter has arrived I now tend to get the full 8 hours in.. I have experienced a few disturbed nights though mainly when I have an extra coffee before bed. Have you changed your routine at all..?

5. Yai

No, other than not eating after 6 pm, when historically I would have had a (non-caffeinated) drink and snack around 9 pm. Oh well, c’est la vie - it’s not the end of the world, just annoying. Thanks for your interest though.

6. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Why not re-add in the evening snack and see what happens?

7. Yai

That sounds a sensible solution!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook