Time Regulated Eating and sleep

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just started eating in a smaller daily timeframe, initially 12 hours between meals, then 14 hours. I have no problem with hunger pangs, and positive results with blood glucose and weight, however, I lie awake for hours and hours. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel as though I should have a few carbs “ to help me sleep “ ( don’t know why I think this), but have resisted.

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Normal sleep for me would be 11pm to 7 am approx. Last night I was in bed for 1045, read about 30 mins, then lights out. Still awake 1230 am - up for the loo (boredom as much as anything). Resettled down. When I decided I just couldn’t sleep, admitted defeat and put the light on- 0320 am. Read until 4 am then finally slept, waking at 8am - feeling like a zombie. Luckily I no longer work, it’s cold outside, and I have a telly and a log fire ! Hate not sleeping though, and it has happened several times. Just wondered if there was any connection with revised eating habits.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a few months of only 6 hours sleep nightly over the summer.. but since the winter has arrived I now tend to get the full 8 hours in.. I have experienced a few disturbed nights though mainly when I have an extra coffee before bed. Have you changed your routine at all..?

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, other than not eating after 6 pm, when historically I would have had a (non-caffeinated) drink and snack around 9 pm. Oh well, c’est la vie - it’s not the end of the world, just annoying. Thanks for your interest though.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Why not re-add in the evening snack and see what happens?

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds a sensible solution!