Tingling in fingertips

collectingrocks

As the title states, I have started to experience intermittent tingling/numbness in the middle fingers of my left hand. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I like to think I have good control of my blood sugars and follow a strict LCHF diet with intermittent fasting. I feel very well and energetic so can't believe this is down to high blood sugar. Could it be low blood sugar instead? But even when I do eat breakfast for example (fresh fruit/nuts) or substitute breakfast with fresh lemon juice, I still get the tingling/numbness. Could anything else be at play here? It is only my middle 3 fingers on the left hand, fingers of right hand and my feet are fine.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get this too. No idea what it is!
If you think it could be a hypo symptom then you should test your bg when it happens.

I usually get it when I have a hangover, maybe it's something to do with being dehydrated? I don't know, just a thought.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

collectingrocks

I don't consciously get hypos and I drink about 9 glasses of water a day. I don't drink much alcohol either. I'm not convinced its CTS either despite being a computer user/keyboard player, my wrist doesn't ache and I use both hands/fingers equally. I have eliminated so much sugar from my diet during the last year and I really don't want to hear the doctor say neuropathy. I can feel the ends of my fingers fine and they are generally warm but it seems similar to frostbite sometimes

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you type 1 or type 2?

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I have this problem in my right arm. It is due to compression of my spine pressing on the nerves. Perhaps you should get checked out ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As the title states, I have started to experience intermittent tingling/numbness in the middle fingers of my left hand. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I like to think I have good control of my blood sugars and follow a strict LCHF diet with intermittent fasting. I feel very well and energetic so can't believe this is down to high blood sugar. Could it be low blood sugar instead? But even when I do eat breakfast for example (fresh fruit/nuts) or substitute breakfast with fresh lemon juice, I still get the tingling/numbness. Could anything else be at play here? It is only my middle 3 fingers on the left hand, fingers of right hand and my feet are fine.
I started getting this about 2 months before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I assumed it would go away once I had my sugars under control but it didn't. I went back to the doctor and they've said I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I have a wrist brace now and it really helps

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't consciously get hypos and I drink about 9 glasses of water a day. I don't drink much alcohol either. I'm not convinced its CTS either despite being a computer user/keyboard player, my wrist doesn't ache and I use both hands/fingers equally. I have eliminated so much sugar from my diet during the last year and I really don't want to hear the doctor say neuropathy. I can feel the ends of my fingers fine and they are generally warm but it seems similar to frostbite sometimes
Carpal tunnel syndrome isn't caused by repetitive use of items and isn't always in both hands. It also doesn't always affect the wrist, I don't have any pain in my wrist. RSI on the other hand is caused by repetitive movements and will usually affect both hands if they're used equally. I'm no doctor or anything by the way, this is just what I know from experience as I have CTS and my partner has RSI

collectingrocks

Carpal tunnel syndrome isn't caused by repetitive use of items and isn't always in both hands. It also doesn't always affect the wrist, I don't have any pain in my wrist. RSI on the other hand is caused by repetitive movements and will usually affect both hands if they're used equally. I'm no doctor or anything by the way, this is just what I know from experience as I have CTS and my partner has RSI

Yes, that's why I don't think its CTS and you're right, it's definately not RSI. I want to hold off going to the doctor in case s)he fobs me off. It's definately not Raynards either.