Tingling sensation on left arm

bluestar

I have been experiencing a tingling sensation on my leff arm for neally six months now. I have been to the doctors about this and even went for an Xray on my shoulder. Results showed that there is a mild wear and tear on the shoulder , nothing serious. The doctors has said there is nothing wrong with my nerves, so then what could be causing this? :shock: They even said its not related to diabetes :eek:

I have been advised to do some streatching exersices on the shoulder area - every couple of hours, this has not helped much. I have these sensations maybe 4-6 times daily.

Has anyone experienced this feeling. It can be annoying. Its not painful, but not pleasant either :?

iggy-lil

Dislikes
rude people
I have this, have had it on and off for a few years now. Had physio for impingement to my shoulder, then had a subacromial decompression operation to the shoulder(nearly 3 years ago) then more physio and more physio again (private the last time).
Its loads better than it was but still have some tingling, sometimes from elbow down , sometimes the fingers, sometimes I wake with numb thumb or fingers .At this moment I have tingling in the little and ring finger.

Have been told there isnt anything else that can be done but since I have been diagonsed about 4-5 weeks now with diabetes it will be interesting to see what they say about the shoulder and all the pins and needles and pain etc when they review my pain relief at the next review

Keep up with the exercises, it will take a while for it to settle. When I was at my worst I couldnt even weight bear on my arm but because I did all the exercises I am much better than before.

Wishing you well :) and that it will ease soon
alison

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ask your gp to refer you to a physiotherapist if the condition doesn't improve.