Type 2 Tinned fruit & Double Cream

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon my friends,yes its me again with another question,could I say once a week safely eat some tinned fruit with some double cream as its been 6 months now and just fancied a little treat to celebrate my last Mb1Ac results.:)

Reactions: Swiggy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would say:
- go for tinned fruit in fruitjuice, not syrup
- have a portion
- test your blood glucose before and after, as usual
and see what happens!
:)

You will likely see some different variations depending on portion size, fruit type, etc. so why not have fun experimenting?

:D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think that a diabetes diet is meant to be all misery and denial. I came to this conclusion a long time ago when I realised that strawberries and extra thick double cream was LCHF. What a shame.
I support @Brunneria 's suggestion that you take one for the team and try some fruits, carry out some tests, treat it as research and post a table of the results.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of tinned fruit are you thinking of? It all reminds me of my childhood Sunday tea at grandmas. Delicious tinned fruit with Carnation Cream, and like @ally1 said, mandarin oranges in jelly.

Reactions: Swiggy and Ultramum

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening @Brunneria @ally1 @Squire Fulwood @Bluetit1802 many thanks for all your kind and friendly replies ,much appreciated my friends:)

I support @Brunneria 's suggestion that you take one for the team and try some fruits, carry out some tests, treat it as research and post a table of the results.

I shall indeed take one for the team and another one for the committee,I owe you all so much its the least I can do;)

I shall get a tin of each tomorrow in juice,oranges,pineapples,peaches,pears,just to start with ,and double cream,and will test using myself as your guinea pig,enjoy your evening,lets hope it doesn't change my Hb1Ac level in 6 months time,enjoy your evening :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of tinned fruit are you thinking of? It all reminds me of my childhood Sunday tea at grandmas. Delicious tinned fruit with Carnation Cream, and like @ally1 said, mandarin oranges in jelly.
Mandarin oranges in Cointreau can lead to a very interesting evening.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening @Brunneria @ally1 @Squire Fulwood @Bluetit1802 many thanks for all your kind and friendly replies ,much appreciated my friends:)

I shall indeed take one for the team and another one for the committee,I owe you all so much its the least I can do;)

I shall get a tin of each tomorrow in juice,oranges,pineapples,peaches,pears,just to start with ,and double cream,and will test using myself as your guinea pig,enjoy your evening,lets hope it doesn't change my Hb1Ac level in 6 months time,enjoy your evening :)
@wiseowl_123 Have fun experimenting - you don't know until you try!!

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
How many of us used to have this ! Also tinned red salmon sandwiches lol

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Goodness we all could have been living in the same family tinned salmon sandwiches and tinned fruit salad with carnation milk was the highlight of my Sundays when young also. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wiseowl_123

You do realise that we are all hanging on the edge of our seats, bated breath, dying of curiosity to hear back on how your blood glucose has performed with this fruit/cream fest?

:D

Please... put us out of our agonising wait...

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening @Brunneria my good friend I do apologise I have been out with my camera most of the day and I promise that I will start tomorrow,it will be one test every day for a week,I have got to get the cream tomorrow morning ,that never had cream before I am not sure what to get,I do my shopping at Tescos ,I have a tin of pear halves in juice but looking on the tin it seems to be quite high in carbs,but will do it for the team:D

Pears.JPG
Pears1.JPG

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a fan of either runny or evap but do like the Madagascan vanilla double cream for a treat. Haven't seen a spike with it so far. It is sweetened but much less than yoghurts etc. and can be dolloped out without whisking. 6.0 per 100ml and wouldn't have that much at one go. Have tried M&S, Sainsburys and Tescos so far. :) Waitrose next maybe.

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness we all could have been living in the same family tinned salmon sandwiches and tinned fruit salad with carnation milk was the highlight of my Sundays when young also. :)
My family too. We had three children and there was only ever two cherries per tin. I loved evaporated milk.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon at 2.25pm I had half a tin of oranges in juice and half a carton of cream;)

BG before meal was 5.3 at
30 minutes after meal 6.1
1 hour after meal was 6.1
2 hours after meal was 5.1

Capture.JPG
P1240155.JPG

Last edited: