Tired all the time!

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
your very young to have type 1 i think i got type 2 through my job i worked shifts for about 25 years i also have chd and high cholesterol

magriffe1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with T2 six months ago. I've found that when I have the willpower to do aerobic exercise or strength training each day then I have more energy and am less tired. Unfortunately my willpower has failed me recently and if I sit down in the afternoon I fall asleep. Also I have the occasional day when I sleep through until about 5 in the afternoon, just waking up every now and then for a cup of tea or water. Exercise definitely helps but unfortunately if you feel tired you don't want to do it. Getting your thyroid checked is definitely a good idea (mine is being checked in my next blood test at the end of this month) and maybe vitamin and mineral supplements will help. Magnesium is good. Also, are you on any other medications that might be making you tired?

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
I was diagnosed with T2 six months ago. I've found that when I have the willpower to do aerobic exercise or strength training each day then I have more energy and am less tired. Unfortunately my willpower has failed me recently and if I sit down in the afternoon I fall asleep. Also I have the occasional day when I sleep through until about 5 in the afternoon, just waking up every now and then for a cup of tea or water. Exercise definitely helps but unfortunately if you feel tired you don't want to do it. Getting your thyroid checked is definitely a good idea (mine is being checked in my next blood test at the end of this month) and maybe vitamin and mineral supplements will help. Magnesium is good. Also, are you on any other medications that might be making you tired?

please get checked for sleep apneoa it is dangerous as your reaction times are poor whilst driving i would do the same as you now since i have been using cpap machine whilst asleep at night i feel refreshed and not tired in daytime

ianpotter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know-it-all's! Soaps, reality tv, DVLA (they revoked my hgv licence and refuse to re-instate it!)
Maybe it's my life, but I am just tired all the time. On average, I get about 6 hours sleep even though I really need about 8. I am really bad about taking my evening Metformin pills which I think may be causing this. I will be better about taking them now. but GOSH, I am tired of being tired. Any suggestions, besides caffeine which I try to limit? Need more energy! Help.

Hi There,
This was happening to me, and unknown to me, GP did a Vitamin B12 test during a routine blood test, I had low counts of this in my blood!
I had an injection every day for 6 days as a booster and now have a top up injection every 3 months. It's great!!! I can now sit down without falling asleep.
Hope this helps you
Ian

Reactions: 4 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my partners a type 2 male aged 33, 4 days ago he went to see a diabetic nurse at his GPs surgery in the uk, hes type 2 diabetes is in complications,excess tiedness, legs pain,drinking loads of water, eye problems. When he returned to the doctors waiting room, were i was waiting he told me that the diabetic nurse had told him there were stopping his medication for diabetes? theve stopped his glitrozide and victosa. 4 days later hes struggling hes breathing louder and slower. hes struggling to get out of bed. can someone tell me whats happening ! his latest blood glucose reading was 33.4

Birdy

Spaceman. I am not an expert but with the physical change and very high BG I think your husband should seek urgent medical help straight away.

Lily Bird - Type 2 Diabetes 2014/Hypothyroid 2009/IBS 1995/PCOS 1992 - other than that I'm fighting fit!!!

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've noticed this too, I have trouble w sleep.... Used to be the one who sleeps the earliest and wakes up the latest, people even called me ' "little sleepyhead" .....but I've noticed starting early this year I've had trouble sleeping and usually sleep an ave of 5 to 6 hrs (and I was diagnosed 6 months after) and feel so tired all the time plus I've had neuropathy at night too. Wonder what's causing it.... Sugars are also controlled...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my partners a type 2 male aged 33, 4 days ago he went to see a diabetic nurse at his GPs surgery in the uk, hes type 2 diabetes is in complications,excess tiedness, legs pain,drinking loads of water, eye problems. When he returned to the doctors waiting room, were i was waiting he told me that the diabetic nurse had told him there were stopping his medication for diabetes? theve stopped his glitrozide and victosa. 4 days later hes struggling hes breathing louder and slower. hes struggling to get out of bed. can someone tell me whats happening ! his latest blood glucose reading was 33.4
I would be finding another GP or going to A&E with BG that high and breathing difficulties.

Reactions: 3 people