Tired At Night

julietootime

Hello - hope you are all keeping safe.

I have been diagnosed with Reactive Hypoglycemia for several years and been managing fine. I have 5 small regular meals a day, limiting my carbohydrate intake, increasing my fats and fibre.

However after my last meal at 9pm i always go very tired, even if i make it smaller and try have it earlier. Sometimes this leads me to fall asleep without cleaning my teeth which is not good. Does anyone know any foods (snacks) or vitamins that might help to give me a small boost on a night please?

I have considered adding in a bit of exercise to my evening routine or possible having a small coffee if nothing else seems to work. Thank you for reading my post, take care.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @julietootime , and welcome to the forum!
Do you use a glucose meter to check if your symptoms correlate with low or high blood sugar?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello - hope you are all keeping safe.

I have been diagnosed with Reactive Hypoglycemia for several years and been managing fine. I have 5 small regular meals a day, limiting my carbohydrate intake, increasing my fats and fibre.

However after my last meal at 9pm i always go very tired, even if i make it smaller and try have it earlier. Sometimes this leads me to fall asleep without cleaning my teeth which is not good. Does anyone know any foods (snacks) or vitamins that might help to give me a small boost on a night please?

I have considered adding in a bit of exercise to my evening routine or possible having a small coffee if nothing else seems to work. Thank you for reading my post, take care.

Hi and welcome to our forum.

Yes, I used to do that and also through the afternoon as well, I sometimes now think that it could be the body's natural 'reaction' to the symptoms I had back then.
I try not to eat that late because, I'm usually in bed early (ish), due to work and I don't want to chance a hypo during the night.
My last meal is around 7pm, so I now that I'm in normal blood glucose levels when going to bed.
The other thing I have found is to go for a walk fifteen minutes after the meal to help with blood glucose levels and stop me crashing if I do have too many carbs. Doing something as simple as getting up and making a cuppa or going upstairs will always help.

If you don't mind, what tests have you had?
What is a typical daily intake or diet.
Are you still having hypos despite the number of meals you are having?
Are you always hungry or wanting to eat?

Keep safe

Best wishes