Tired Eyes

danielJP

Hi, I know that sore or tired eyes are general symptoms of diabetes.
I am T2 and not long diagnosed.
My eyes feel dry and tired allot and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that may be helpful to me?
I am slightly short sighted in my left eye but never bothered with glasses.
I use a laptop for work and like now, half way trough the day my peepers feel hot & tired.
Thanks in advance.

baldylocks666

use a hot flannel laid across the eyes, it opens the pores to lubricate the eyes as well as relaxes them. I was told to do this by a doctor years ago when I first started working on computers and it works for me. Try to avoid rubbing your eyes as this makes the problem a lot worse.

I hope this helps

Mark

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I suffer from identical eye irritations and spend long periods on my laptop, for both business and pleasure.

I'm short sighted in my right eye, so now wear glasses when using the laptop. I have another pair of glasses I keep in the car and only wear these when I'm driving long distances (an hours solid driving or more) as my "good" eye works extra hard to compensate for my "bad" eye.

I also use eye baths - sometimes Optrex type ones, but very often just water boiled in the kettle (to kill off any germs) then put into the eye bath once it cools down.

Rubbing them is a no no....but it's SO hard not to :(

youngmanfrank

I get the same thing,although not connected to my diabetes,in my case it is the swimming I do as part of my diet and exercise which causes discomfort.

I use Boots Dry Eyes eye drops after every session and this prevents discomfort.

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You may be experiencing what's called 'dry eye'. Eyedrops that re-hydrate the eye can be bought from the pharmacy. Mind you it's a while since I experienced this and I may have had a prescription. But I know the drops were a great help.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, yes there are some great eyedrops for the dry eye 'eye condition'
I myself have this and use Carmellose drops, these individual single dose containers are great to pop in handbag and use as when required.
Water based and being preservative free are kinder/safer to the eyes too...
They ease the symptoms of dry eyes such as sore and tender eyes,gritty eyes,burning, eye irritation.
Hope this helps? Anna.x :D

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
I get eye problems too that can result in a stye the odd time. I'm not sure if its Optrex who does it but, there is an eye spray on the market. This is handy since you can quickly spray and re-hydrate your eyes whilst at work for instance,