Tired

winksey

Dislikes
Being Diabetic
Hi all, Had diabetes since dec 23rd 08 type 2.
I find after I've been hypo I tend to feel tired for the rest of the day...Any ideas why or how to boast life back into me.

Trinkwasser

I found the same thing happened to me after going high. I suspect a low leaves you with insufficient glucose in the blood and a high causes the transporters to shut down for a while.

The long term solution is to avoid the lows and highs.

Short term maybe a combination of carbs and fat with protein? The fat slows down the conversion of the carbs into glucose and the protein is a long term backup.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
winksey said:
Hi all, Had diabetes since dec 23rd 08 type 2.
I find after I've been hypo I tend to feel tired for the rest of the day...Any ideas why or how to boast life back into me.
Newly diag T2 & hypo? Are you sure? What are your blood sugar readings?

winksey

Dislikes
Being Diabetic
Yes life would be great without highs and lows but until I'm stable hey they are goin to happen.
The fat intake it doesnt work with the carbs in the way you think. It would take along time for it to work that way, plus fat intake is not good.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is your diabetes treated? Maybe you could look into your medication being reduced if you are getting low blood sugar a lot?

winksey

Dislikes
Being Diabetic
Its only been the last week that I've been having them low. I'm on Gliclazide 80mg once aday and metformin 2xs aday.
when I was first told my blood sugar was 33.
I have now got it down to single figs but now atfer about 4 hours of eating they tend to drop to between 4 and 3.6

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
As you are going that low, I would speak with your GP. It could be that the Gliclazide could either be reduced or removed all together.

Regards, Tubs.