Tiredness with the slightest increase in blood sugar ?

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
ANyone get severe tiredness with a slight increase in blood sugar I feel like. I will fall over with how tired I feel iv had blood tests and no problems with my bloods in way of anemia or thyroid problems so I’m convinced it must be diabetes

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I get the same and im not technically diabetic now. Was in the pre diabetic range. My health is much improved.

I have found the more constant I can keep my blood sugar the more alert I am. I know what you mean about the rise and how brutal the sleepy attack is, almost switch like. It really does feel like the bunnies in the telly add.

For the real info you need @Brunneria you may have a touch of something called reactive hypoglycaemia, don't know how it would affect you as a type one but she will be able to help you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Ryann1990 and @Spl@

I’m afraid that Reactive Hypoglycaemia doesn’t apply to T1s, since RH is where the body produces too much insulin and drives blood glucose down into a hypo. Although, of course there are parallels with a T1 having a hypo caused by injecting too much insulin.

Having said that, if you are experiencing sleepiness while blood glucose levels are OK (or, as you describe it a ‘slight increase’), with no signs of thyroid or anemia, then I would suggest you look at food intolerance.

Some food reactions can cause yawning, dozing, lack of concentration. I find that soya gives me brain fog and milk gives me yawning. Even a splash of milk in tea will cause 10 mins of yawning, to the point my eyes fill with tears. Yet I am fine with butter, hard cheese and cream, so I think wharever-it-is is found in the liquid parts of the milk. And soya has sent me to sleep. There are many, many foods out there that cause various issues for some of us.

Doctors can do tests for food intolerance, but they are expensive and time consuming.
I think that an exclusion diet is a good option. Its free, you can do it at home, and you can do it for as long, or as short, a time as you want.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
ANyone get severe tiredness with a slight increase in blood sugar I feel like. I will fall over with how tired I feel iv had blood tests and no problems with my bloods in way of anemia or thyroid problems so I’m convinced it must be diabetes

Yes. I think it is because our bodies have to go into overdrive to try fix our bg issues though that is not science, only my thought.