ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morrisons own make protein bread has less carbs. None in at mo but will photoshoot nutrient label when ive replenished my freezer.
If I remember rightly 1g of carbs per100g less than the warbarton protein bread too.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons own make protein bread has less carbs. None in at mo but will photoshoot nutrient label when ive replenished my freezer.
If I remember rightly 1g of carbs per100g less than the warbarton protein bread too.

As @bulkbiker says, it is 28.1g per 100g (28.1% carbs) or 8g per slice. Where your 1g per 100g comes in is that is the amount of added sugar, not total carbs.
That is much higher than the Lidl protein rolls, which are 9.8g per 100g. (9.8% carbs)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A piece of cardboard will have less carbs, similar nutritional benefits and will taste about the same as these fake breads like Liv Life or Lidl rolls.

The only downside is they don’t toast very well

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I like the Kingsmill no crusts bread it fits a slice of cheese perfectly and a slice is under 10g of carbs and only 50 calories tastes OK as well though you have to be careful when toasting it.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This bread is smaller and more dense than the Hovis version so best toasted in my opinion. But second trial today gave me before/after DIFFERENCE of 1.2. Chew it well as bit dry but not unpleasant if you like seeded bread.
I bought the bread and had 1 slice toasted with peanut butter, it was very nice and no adverse effects:)

Reactions: lucylocket61

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone tried the Hovis low carb/high protein bread?
I can't tell you the numbers, but it makes good toast.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have either Tesco’s high protein loaf or Hovis Low Carb bread both at 10g per slice. I find one slice with my eggs or as a sandwich is enough as they are quite dense.