Toasted Almonds!!!

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Just toasted some flaked almonds and added a little salt, OMG, they taste fantastic!! Lovely and crunchy and similar to roasted peanuts, but without all the carbs!! :shock:

Just had to share this here as my boyfriend was completely underwhelmed by this discovery :D

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaa, that explains it!!

Got to feel a bit sorry for these non-diabetics really haven't you? :wink:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try the toasted almonds coated in high cocoa dark choc (without the salt) Dont let the boyfriend try them though he may like them :!:
CAROL

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Carol, that sounds quite nice, I'll give that a go! Would make a nice alternative to my afternoon almond flour biccies that I have at the moment :)

For someone who didn't go for any nuts except peanuts before my db (I know, technically they're a legume, not a nut!), I've been rediscovering nuts just lately, and seem to be aquiring a bit of a taste for them!

I was thinking of trying a nut muesli or porridge next week, might take a bit of experimenting though.

Since finding out about my db I'm discovering that I quite like cooking and baking, so there's always a silver lining if you look hard enough I suppose :?