Today

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Today is a good day.

We all know what bad days are, we all have ups and downs but I am so so happy I would like to shout it out.

I understand how lucky I am and am graeful for everything, but I have felt like I was dieing for the last couple of years, I have worried about leaving my family too soon, before I have left enough for them.

I have known for a long time that my insane sugar levels were hurting me but couldnt do anything about it. Felt like I was falling down a deep hole. I was “threatened” with insulin 6 months ago, my absolute worse nightmare.

I started taking it 9 days ago (Humalin I) I started on 10 units and have moved up to 11 units yesterday, I take it half an hour before bed around 10pm. I have found the injections very easy.

Now my numbers aren't going to impress anyone, 7.7-8.0 4.6-6.9. 4.8-8.5 for me this is magical!

I feel like a big black cloud is lifting, like I have a chance, like I have time to prepare my wifes nest.

I want to go find my DSN and kiss her, I am pretty sure she would not like this hehe

I have a supportive friend online who is among us, she has been there for me when I needed her and didnt get angry with me when I needed to stay away, she will not know even if she reads this what that has and does mean, giving her a kiss may upset several people so thats two people that deserve but will not recieve a kiss today.

This forum has also been a massive help, more than you posters realise, the hours spent reading about things I mostly dont understand, just a place to read and be with people going through similar stuff is invaluable, all contributers help others, even if they do not realise it, every question asked is being read by someone else who has the same question but don't like to post, every answer is helping someone reading silently.

So today, I would like to celebrate my ridiculous victory, the world has no idea what this means to me. I am stoked.

On top of the world and very grateful, not least because I can post this and theres nothing you can do to stop me lol.

Today is a good day

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is a good day.

We all know what bad days are, we all have ups and downs but I am so so happy I would like to shout it out.

I understand how lucky I am and am graeful for everything, but I have felt like I was dieing for the last couple of years, I have worried about leaving my family too soon, before I have left enough for them.

I have known for a long time that my insane sugar levels were hurting me but couldnt do anything about it. Felt like I was falling down a deep hole. I was “threatened” with insulin 6 months ago, my absolute worse nightmare.

I started taking it 9 days ago (Humalin I) I started on 10 units and have moved up to 11 units yesterday, I take it half an hour before bed around 10pm. I have found the injections very easy.

Now my numbers aren't going to impress anyone, 7.7-8.0 4.6-6.9. 4.8-8.5 for me this is magical!

I feel like a bid black cloud is lifting, like I have a chance, like I have time to prepare my wifes nest.

I want to go find my DSN and kiss her, I am pretty sure she would not like this hehe

I have a supportive friend online who is among us, she has been there for me when I needed her and didnt get angry with me when I needed to stay away, she will not know even if she reads this what that has and does mean, giving her a kiss may upset several people so thats two people that deserve but will not recieve a kiss today.

This forum has also been a massive help, more than you posters realise, the hours spent reading about things I mostly dont understand, just a place to read and be with people going through similar stuff is invaluable, all contributers help others, even if they do not realise it, every question asked is being read by someone else who has the same question but don't like to post, every answer is helping someone reading silently.

So today, I would like to celebrate my ridiculous victory, the world has no idea what this means to me. I am stoked.

On top of the world and very grateful, not least because I can post this and theres nothing you can do to stop me lol.

Today is a good day
What an uplifting post. Thanks for posting. I felt your emotion in every word. I feel your joy and am so happy for you. You have been in a bad place but not any more. Well done. You have turned a corner. This forum has been the saviour for so many. A rock for many more. A guide and teacher for who knows how many. Invaluable forum members.

Reactions: mike@work and Fenn

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great post @Fenn well done :) As mentioned this group/forum has helped so may people, there is more information on diabetes on here than in most Dr's surgeries. I know we are not medically trained but we have been where you are and improved things using different methods put forward by members of this group:happy: Good luck with the rest of your journey ;)

Reactions: Fenn and mike@work

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wonderful to see, that even your writing here is now breathing positiveness...
If you have questions regarding your recently begun journey, with respect to using insulin, and of course everything else, just remember that as "Debandez" says - we are all here for you...

Reactions: zand and Fenn

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow Fenn, they are absolutely beautiful numbers, highest 8.5 is hardly out of range at all, and even people without diabetes can have a blood sugar spike like that, after a fairly normal meal.

Well done, super good news.

Reactions: mike@work and Fenn

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Great post @Fenn well done :) As mentioned this group/forum has helped so may people, there is more information on diabetes on here than in most Dr's surgeries. I know we are not medically trained but we have been where you are and improved things using different methods put forward by members of this group:happy: Good luck with the rest of your journey ;)
Wonderful to see, that even your writing here is now breathing positiveness...
If you have questions regarding your recently begun journey, with respect to using insulin, and of course everything else, just remember that as "Debandez" says - we are all here for you...
Wow Fenn, they are absolutely beautiful numbers, highest 8.5 is hardly out of range at all, and even people without diabetes can have a blood sugar spike like that, after a fairly normal meal.

Well done, super good news.
Thankyou so much :)

Reactions: Alison54321