Type 2 Tonic to boost immune system

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
miserable weather, rude and bad mannered people
Can anyone recommend a diabetic friendly over the counter tonic which can boost my immune system after a bad virus? Thanks

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The only thing I can think of is a return to pre virus diet. I'm not sure that there is an efficacious tonic that you could buy or be prescribed to boost the immune system.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just eat plenty of Garlic it reputedly boosts the immune system, which is why I tend to avoid it if possible.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take a daily dose of Vitamin C and Zinc. I have taken it for a few years and rarely get a colds anymore. I used to spend the whole of winter time going from one cold to the next. I use Tesco own brand effervescent tablets, diabetic friendly they have no sugar in them.

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
miserable weather, rude and bad mannered people
At the moment I am taking x2 garlic capsules a day and also x1 Vit C with zinc but I've been battling a very nasty virus this time and it's really exhausted me (I hadn't had a cold for years until now). Someone at work suggested the tonic which can boost your immune system after a bout of flu or heavy cold but not sure which brand is best.