Tonight Tea

Bevz45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm having jacket potato tonight and usually have cheese and beans but I'm opting for just one of them which would be better for me or should I just leave it plain?

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm having jacket potato tonight and usually have cheese and beans but I'm opting for just one of them which would be better for me or should I just leave it plain?
If you are trying to low carb as a diet controlled type 2, possibly taking Metformin, you should probably avoid the potato and the beans altogether. I will just be having salad, cheese and some yoghurt.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Personally for me a baked potato is a no go. But if I had to choose, I would go for the cheese as the tomato sauce in baked beans would spike me

Reactions: 4 people

hornplayer

Personally for me a baked potato is a no go. But if I had to choose, I would go for the cheese as the tomato sauce in baked beans would spike me

Same here. As much as I love jacket potatoes I can't eat them now. - Yet another example of a food we were all told was really good for us actually turning out to be a problem. I seem to remember a whole diet craze based around jacket potatoes........ Or was that just in our house........?