Too Many Coronavirus Threads?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like to read the various coronavirus threads but it is difficult to keep track of which ones are about what aspect of the problem. The titles are similar and the threads are divergent. Shortage of toilet paper is in the same thread as questions about compromised immunity. Please make the thread titles specific and keep to the point of the thread. I am as bad as anyone at going off topic but it doesn't help if there are a lot of threads just called CORONAVIRUS.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Mr_Pot optimistic at best but I do agree with you. You do realise this is an open forum and as you realise as well as myself we do go off topic a fair bit

lindisfel

Expert
I don't think the threads are out of proportion to the impact of Cov19 on our lives.

Perhaps they are growing exponentially Mr Pots and you are just the man to flatten the curve and save us all from a fate worse than Cov19.
:) ;) D.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanracer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

COVID 19 seems to be on everyone's lips right now.
Oddly, there was one topic on mumsnet regarding training sniffer dogs to sus out who's infected.
Because apparently they can smell drugs..?

Sooo, what would you use to train these hounds? A used tissue from a patient???
"GOOD BOY?!!! You found the face mask..!"

Interestingly, that took me to a "look up" regarding where "ground zero" was for this budding pandemic..
"Wet markets." There was one in Wutan..

Strangely SARS was also traced back to a wet market too?
SARS was linked to bats.

COVID 19 is thought to also be linked to bats, but with a crossover to Pangolins too? (A sort of scaly ant eater.)
Then passed to humans..

Now if we look at genetic evolution regarding bats & pangolins..

image.png

So, do we realy want to train man's best friend involved in this new field of diagnosis..? :banghead::banghead::banghead:o_O

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
There is a video on-line of a walk-about in the Wuhan market. I'm not normally a squeamish person but all I can say is that I don't understand how anybody is still alive in that area. Their immune systems must be amazing.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
There is a video on-line of a walk-about in the Wuhan market. I'm not normally a squeamish person but all I can say is that I don't understand how anybody is still alive in that area. Their immune systems must be amazing.

I would starve to death if I lived there!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

'Must have some Scottish blood in there somewhere' :D my dear ole dad ( born and brought up in Gallowgate) often used to say this :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Yep, basically all manor of livestock stacked in cages on top of eachother.. Farm bred & feral caught.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep, basically all manor of livestock stacked in cages on top of eachother.. Farm bred & feral caught.

J, it's not really the 'live' stock that's the issue though.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I notice that this thread has become a good example of my original post! :(

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I notice that this thread has become a good example of my original post! :(

Hi,

OK? To be fair it seems the general query on most these threads is is COVID 19 gonna get me due to my diabetes.
Youngsters asking, parents asking. All types & ages asking..
One member running at it from 3 different angles. ;)

The only one I haven't seen yet is "should my diabetic dog or cat be kept away from Pangolins.?"

So, COVID section? Or one massive "what are your fasting levels & symptom" (with some toilet roll sighting news.) thread.

The point of these topics are pretty clear. Concern regarding a new pandemic in the light of some rather sensationalist & sketchy news else where..

Reactions: Pipp and AloeSvea

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't really have an opinion, but here in France where we are all in lockdown and if we do leave the house we have to have a paper to say where we are going and it has to be on the short list of allowable reasons no social gathering no schools no restaurants no bars hardly any shops, chemists are open though, but I am sure this is the right way to deal with covid 19, so I back the French goverment 100%

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Fake video showing a well know market in Indonesia apparently...

Who knows these days.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really have an opinion, but here in France where we are all in lockdown and if we do leave the house we have to have a paper to say where we are going and it has to be on the short list of allowable reasons no social gathering no schools no restaurants no bars hardly any shops, chemists are open though, but I am sure this is the right way to deal with covid 19, so I back the French goverment 100%
Are Gilet Jaune demonstrations on the permitted list?

Reactions: zand

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fake video showing a well know market in Indonesia apparently...

Who knows these days.

Looks like you're right - sign near the entrance reads Langowan.

Reactions: bulkbiker

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Finally something positive, Eastenders is being cut from 4 episodes a week to 2 !