Totally fed up

DizzyChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed in 2015, had a liver scan that confirmed fatty liver. Had big problems getting blood sugars down. Referred to the diabetic team at the hospital, put on novorapid and toujeo. Then added forxiga,ramipril and Atorvastatin. Still having problems with high blood sugar, had a phone consultation with hospital diabetic team at end of June who wants to put me on Rybelsus but was told by doctors there is a national shortage until mid 2024. Then to top it off had a fibroscan today and was told I have cirrhosis of the liver at 29 kpa so will need another endoscopy sorry to bore you, I just feel so fed up with this horrible disease

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry you’re having all these problems. I have non al colic fatty liver also and too scared to get any testing. I mostly ignore it.is all that medication fir diabetes ? I dint get medication.

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m unfamiliar with LADA but wanted to reach out to say you can never bore us as we all understand what it means to have diabetes, it sucks!
Have you been implementing a low carb diet? What do you typically eat in a day? This not only helps with stabilising BG but helps with fatty liver. I’m on Metformin, Forxiga and 2 tablets for high blood pressures. I’m sat here at 4am as my tummy aches and wondering what all these tablets are doing to my system. Sending hugs

RobynV

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t panic yet. Fibroscan measures stiffness - can be affected by eg being sick at the time from a range of things that make the results incorrect. Have they done any visualisation scans eg MRi or ultrasound? Do you have a lot of pain? I’d be hoping for an mri or at least an ultrasound before anaesthetic/ endoscopy. This won’t necessarily remove the need for the proc but even an ultrasound (cheaper than mri with contrast if you go private) will tell more. I assume they’ve done liver and lipid blood tests? What do they say? Are any blood count readings out of range?

For the endoscopy - what are they doing? Checking for blocked or defective bile ducts? Gallstones? Taking a liver biopsy to check actual look of liver cells?

There are different kinds of fatty liver disease and causes - perhaps worth it to find out a bit more about the specifics of yours before any anaesthetic and to reduce stress from uncertainty. There are some meds that may help and some being tested. NAFLD appears to be often genetic and autoimmune related. But not always.

I have it - and have reduced cholesterol from 7.9 to 4.5 by taking a lot of omega 3 fish oil. Mine is associated with psoriatic arthritis / met syndrome. My DB diagnosis is not finalised but I have other autoimmune diseases. I’m hoping my next liver US will show improvement.

Sending warmest thoughts.

Reactions: ClaireHT